Re: An open letter from Jacob V Joshua on the latest developments in the Malankara Church

  • thomas_pa1
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 24 2:29 PM
      Since this is an open letter, I have few quesions:

      - Is Indian Orthodox a really bad word? A church can be called by many
      names. Many innocently use the name "Indian Orthodox", especially
      faithful from other Orthodox churches in the world, to denote
      Orthodox Christians from India. These Orthodox Christians from
      poor Orthodox nations also take great pride that there is an Orthodox
      church in India. They feel great about it - that their faith is
      growing. Of course, this depends on one's mind set - whether one is
      more interested in the growth of Orthodox church or lesser wordly
      problems.

      - Regarding constitution, there is the ancient Apostolic
      constitutions. Every church has a constitution to exist in this world.
      We also need one.

      Let us drop wordly and silly arguments (throne, constitution,
      nation/language names etc.) and develop a broader understanding of
      church of Orthodox faith, unity between churches etc. The Church
      confessing same faith is one, no division or seperation there.
      If we reach that realisation, peace will prevail in the Church and in
      our minds. It is a very simple concept, but very difficult to
      experience and accept.

      Malankara church is not the only Orthodox church with internal
      disputes. Every Orthodox church is facing similar problems, thus
      inhibiting the growth. Let us make a difference with a simple
      understanding.

      Peace to you and to all.

      -T

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "MalankaraVoice.cjb.net" wrote:
      > Here is enclosed an open letter from Jacob V Joshua, New Delhi to
      one Fr.Eapen, a member of Methran Kakshi. Through this, Joshua is
      giving a clear idea on the latest developments in the Malankara
      Church.
    • V Thomas
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 24 6:34 PM
        Dear Sir,
        My condolence to you and the bereaved family.We pray for the departed soul.
        Regards
        vmt
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 24 6:35 PM
          Thank you for repling to my query.

          I do not read Malayalam (can speak, though) so I might not get the book. I
          did check the website that I was refered to.

          It is clear from the site and from the reply that I got, that there is
          nothing in the bible for or against infant baptism. But, if we look at the
          Acts, baptism always followed believing in Christ. In Matt 28:19, we first
          become disciples and then get baptized. Baptism is always the next step
          after you believe in Christ. Why would you baptize an infant apart from
          tradition's sake?
          Are we not to believe in the Bible alone? Traditions are okay as long as
          they dont contradict the Bible.

          This again is my humble opinion and I dont want to be picky. More important
          is to have a personal relationship with Christ and He will lead us to the
          truth in all matters.

          Love In Christ,
          Rajesh.