Shalmoosa of HH Mor Augen I of Blessed Memory

  • Ronnie Daniel
    Message 1 of 3366 , Aug 20, 2005
      Dear Manoj

      As I said earlier I seldom argue on history and ancestory as usually people bring it up these days to fight among themselves. Yes, I will agree to read history if it is brought up to glorify God. Also, history is history. We cannot change it. We must try to live in the present, face todays facts and try to find out how we can be useful to each other and meet our christian mission. Not fighting about history.

      My dear brother, I did not tell you that you were the trouble maker in the other forum. You yourself said " It is only spiritual talk in that forum after you left" that made me think that you were the trouble maker. Anyway you left that forum and better we leave it at that. The moderators of that forum very clearly told you where their loyalty is and you should have respected that instead of peeping into their directory stealing the email addresses of their members and sending personal emails whcih was a very inappropriate thing for you to do. And later you started justifyng your behaviour. You may ask me a question then why I am writing in this forum. The moderators of this forum gave me an opportunity and I wanted to clarify some of my thoughts with you guys. If you dont like it, then just kick me out. I wont grumble. I respect the freedom of the forum owners to moderate the discussions.

      Now, let me discuss with you the recent history you brought up today, the Shalmoosa of HH Mor Augen I. First of all you should tell me whether a church is ruled by a Shalmoosa or a Constitution. The analogy I can bring in here is the Constitution of India and the Oath taken by the President or Prime Minister. The Oath is taken by a single person upon assuming a position of authority, whereas the constitution is made by representatives of all people to run a country or an organization. So, remember always that a church or country or for that matter any organisation is ruled by a Constitution or bylaw, not by Shalmoosa or agreement between individuals or letters between individuals. Individuals will come and go. What remains is the structure and constitution. Individuals may make personal decisions, but institutions needs collective decisions. Inspite of that, let me understand what is wrong with this Shalmoosa made by HH Mor Augen I. This Shalmoosa was made in 1964, apparantly based on 1934 constitution. This is the first time I am reading this Shalmoosa and let me make my usual common sense comments on it.

      1. HH Mor Augen I in his Shalmoosa confessed his beleif before "this Synod". I beleive this Synod mentioned is the Synod of Malankara. Please have a detailed look at Article. 114 of the Constitution. HH The Holy Patriach is the President of the Synod consecrating the Catholicos. It was absolutley constitutional for HH Mor Augen to say that the patriach is my head in this context as HH is the head of the synod at time of consecration.

      2. HH Mor Augen "accepted" all the Patriarchs starting from St. Peter the head of the Holy Apostles to all the Patriarchs reigned and yet to reign. Tell me what is wrong with accepting a Patriarch ?? Our constitution agree to accept a Patriarch recognized by the Malankara Church.

      3. Canonical connection with the Holy Throne of Antioch. - Again what is wrong with that ? It is perfeectly constitutional to have a connection with the Patriarch or the Holy Throne of Antioch. Do not forget that Article 99 of the constitution provides a Throne for the Catholicos. There is absolutley no dispute that St. Peter was the leader of the Holy Apostles. That is why the Supreme court of India gave the position to the Holy Patriarch as first among equals. The same position enjoyed by St. Peter among the Holy Apostles.

      Let us concentrate on these points rather than bringing up already discussed matters. Now, I am more than convinced that this whole dispute is due to lack of understanding each other.

      Prayefully
      Ronnie Daniel
      ID # 2503
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com