Re: In regards to the Oppressed, Poor and the Needy?
- To� rgphilipos
I request you to read the the malayalam book� "Sishu Snaanam -� Tharkkangalkku Viraamam"
written by Fr. Sunny Abraham of the Marthoma Church.� All your doubts can be cleared.
There is n't�� any proof in the bible for and against� child baptism.� That is the truth.
Let me first introduce myself. I was born to Jacobite parents and
attend the church whenever I am in Kerala. However, I do not know
much of the doctrines of our church and I would love to know more.
Hence, I subscribed to this group.
I had many questions, one among them being child baptism and how it
is done in the Jacobite church...
- Since this is an open letter, I have few quesions:
- Is Indian Orthodox a really bad word? A church can be called by many
names. Many innocently use the name "Indian Orthodox", especially
faithful from other Orthodox churches in the world, to denote
Orthodox Christians from India. These Orthodox Christians from
poor Orthodox nations also take great pride that there is an Orthodox
church in India. They feel great about it - that their faith is
growing. Of course, this depends on one's mind set - whether one is
more interested in the growth of Orthodox church or lesser wordly
- Regarding constitution, there is the ancient Apostolic
constitutions. Every church has a constitution to exist in this world.
We also need one.
Let us drop wordly and silly arguments (throne, constitution,
nation/language names etc.) and develop a broader understanding of
church of Orthodox faith, unity between churches etc. The Church
confessing same faith is one, no division or seperation there.
If we reach that realisation, peace will prevail in the Church and in
our minds. It is a very simple concept, but very difficult to
experience and accept.
Malankara church is not the only Orthodox church with internal
disputes. Every Orthodox church is facing similar problems, thus
inhibiting the growth. Let us make a difference with a simple
Peace to you and to all.
--- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "MalankaraVoice.cjb.net" wrote:
> Here is enclosed an open letter from Jacob V Joshua, New Delhi to
one Fr.Eapen, a member of Methran Kakshi. Through this, Joshua is
giving a clear idea on the latest developments in the Malankara
- Dear Sir,My condolence to you and the bereaved family.We pray for the departed soul.Regardsvmt----- Original Message -----From: "Thomas Daniel"@...Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:56 PMSubject: [SOCM-FORUM] Sudden demise of my nieceDear forum memebrsThis is to inform you that the sudden demise of my niece Ms.Sindhu,w/o.Benz Mammen,Thoompunkal,Mavelikkara and D/O.Mrs.Lillykutty Thampy & Late Mr.Thampy Oommen, Pazhayaparambil Kandathil, Kattodu, Thiruvalla (D/O.Late Mr.D.Abraham, Karimpanackal Puthenpurayil,Cheppad), which happened on 23rd April.The funeral will be on 26th April at 11 am .Please pray for the soul.Thomas Daniel
- Thank you for repling to my query.
I do not read Malayalam (can speak, though) so I might not get the book. I
did check the website that I was refered to.
It is clear from the site and from the reply that I got, that there is
nothing in the bible for or against infant baptism. But, if we look at the
Acts, baptism always followed believing in Christ. In Matt 28:19, we first
become disciples and then get baptized. Baptism is always the next step
after you believe in Christ. Why would you baptize an infant apart from
Are we not to believe in the Bible alone? Traditions are okay as long as
they dont contradict the Bible.
This again is my humble opinion and I dont want to be picky. More important
is to have a personal relationship with Christ and He will lead us to the
truth in all matters.
Love In Christ,
>Subject: Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Baptism.
>Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:16:39 +0100 (BST)
>About Infant Baptism etc.
>Please refer the following link, maintained by St.Ignatius Church, Texas
>for the concerned matter.
>The article is the reproduced from the book written by Malankara Malpan,
>Very Rev Kaniamparambil Kurien Cor-episcopa, one of the greatest scholars
>of the centuary.....