Sudden demise of my niece

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 24, 2002
      Dear forum memebrs
      This is to inform you that the sudden demise of my niece Ms.Sindhu,w/o.Benz Mammen,Thoompunkal,Mavelikkara and D/O.Mrs.Lillykutty Thampy & Late Mr.Thampy Oommen, Pazhayaparambil Kandathil, Kattodu, Thiruvalla (D/O.Late Mr.D.Abraham, Karimpanackal Puthenpurayil,Cheppad), which happened on 23rd April.The funeral will be on 26th April at 11 am .
      Please pray for the soul.
      Thomas Daniel

    • John Joseph
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 24, 2002
        Dear Thomas

        Thanks for the posting.
        Very appropriate message for Malankara Church
        John Joseph
      • George Varghese
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 24, 2002
          To� rgphilipos

          I request you to read the the malayalam book� "Sishu Snaanam -� Tharkkangalkku Viraamam"
          written by Fr. Sunny Abraham of the Marthoma Church.� All your doubts can be cleared.

          There is n't�� any proof in the bible for and against� child baptism.� That is the truth.

          George Varhgese/Kuwait

          "rgphilipos" wrote:

          Hi all,

          Let me first introduce myself. I was born to Jacobite parents and
          attend the church whenever I am in Kerala. However, I do not know
          much of the doctrines of our church and I would love to know more.
          Hence, I subscribed to this group.

          I had many questions, one among them being child baptism and how it
          is done in the Jacobite church...

        • thomas_pa1
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 24, 2002
            Since this is an open letter, I have few quesions:

            - Is Indian Orthodox a really bad word? A church can be called by many
            names. Many innocently use the name "Indian Orthodox", especially
            faithful from other Orthodox churches in the world, to denote
            Orthodox Christians from India. These Orthodox Christians from
            poor Orthodox nations also take great pride that there is an Orthodox
            church in India. They feel great about it - that their faith is
            growing. Of course, this depends on one's mind set - whether one is
            more interested in the growth of Orthodox church or lesser wordly
            problems.

            - Regarding constitution, there is the ancient Apostolic
            constitutions. Every church has a constitution to exist in this world.
            We also need one.

            Let us drop wordly and silly arguments (throne, constitution,
            nation/language names etc.) and develop a broader understanding of
            church of Orthodox faith, unity between churches etc. The Church
            confessing same faith is one, no division or seperation there.
            If we reach that realisation, peace will prevail in the Church and in
            our minds. It is a very simple concept, but very difficult to
            experience and accept.

            Malankara church is not the only Orthodox church with internal
            disputes. Every Orthodox church is facing similar problems, thus
            inhibiting the growth. Let us make a difference with a simple
            understanding.

            Peace to you and to all.

            -T

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "MalankaraVoice.cjb.net" wrote:
            > Here is enclosed an open letter from Jacob V Joshua, New Delhi to
            one Fr.Eapen, a member of Methran Kakshi. Through this, Joshua is
            giving a clear idea on the latest developments in the Malankara
            Church.
          • V Thomas
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 24, 2002
              Dear Sir,
              My condolence to you and the bereaved family.We pray for the departed soul.
              Regards
              vmt
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 24, 2002
                Thank you for repling to my query.

                I do not read Malayalam (can speak, though) so I might not get the book. I
                did check the website that I was refered to.

                It is clear from the site and from the reply that I got, that there is
                nothing in the bible for or against infant baptism. But, if we look at the
                Acts, baptism always followed believing in Christ. In Matt 28:19, we first
                become disciples and then get baptized. Baptism is always the next step
                after you believe in Christ. Why would you baptize an infant apart from
                tradition's sake?
                Are we not to believe in the Bible alone? Traditions are okay as long as
                they dont contradict the Bible.

                This again is my humble opinion and I dont want to be picky. More important
                is to have a personal relationship with Christ and He will lead us to the
                truth in all matters.

                Love In Christ,
                Rajesh.