Re: Respected Priests of Jacobite Syrian Church

  • thomas_pa1
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2002
      You are very right. Both sides have many many stories to tell about
      past experiences - often conflicting stories. Certain things we are
      fighting are not essential part of Orthodox faith. So, will saints of
      the church rejoice in heaven seeing this fight and slow down of
      Orthodox faith in India? All other churches are working for their
      faith. When we read early church fathers, their only aim was growth of
      Orthodox faith and a good living. Certain things we give importance
      today are not part of Orthodox faith. You will not find such
      teachings in the writing of any Orthodox father. Those teaching came
      from other sources, perhaps from Roman Catholicism in North Kerala.

      If we continue to fight like this, we will perish like Orthodox church
      in the middle-east, where Orthodox church is decreasing day by day.
      After Chalcedon Christian brothers were fighting against each other
      and destryoing each other. Let us learn from history.

      Thomas

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "joshy" <joshy@t...> wrote:
      > Dear Members,
      > If we debate on this issue of justice and fairness, we can do it for
      another 50 years. In every Orthodox Christian heart there is an
      intense desire for peace and progress. With our good Lord's grace our
      community is very affluent and educated class. Is it not the time
      for us to look at these resources and go for a peaceful settlement? If
      we desire it will never be a surrender but a victory in Christ. Let
      our church be house of Lord . If our leaderships can show some
      tolerance we can win a lot of good things for the coming generation.
      Please do not allow our church to be political play ground for all
      rotten political parties; it is place to worship the most high. Let us
      win the support of God through prayers.