Re: Our Beloved Bava

  • Kurian Mannicherry
    Message 1 of 79 , Jul 5, 2005
      Dear Moderator and George

      I fully support your view about this issue. He didn't have any other choice to defend our church. Even my mum said why our leaders going that low but I dont think people really undersatnd what is actualy going on, who is the worst, the law breaking MK supported by Govt to take someone else property or helpless Bawa kakshy defending themselves as peacefull as they can?

      Kurian Mannicherry
      Member ID 1019

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, George Aramath wrote:
      > Dear moderator,
      >
      > In reading and hearing about the recent events in Kerala, I felt
      the need to utter my support for our church and especially our
      Bava. I do not know all the information but common sense tells us
      where each person stands. I have heard people saying recently, "How
      can our Bava be standing in the streets"; "Our Bava is seen on TV
      protesting, how horrible"; "I can't believe our leader is stooping
      so low".

    • Biju Kurian Mathews
      Message 79 of 79 , Jul 15, 2005
        Dear Moderator

        One of the Methran supporter said that our messages in this group is worse. I don�t think so. The best example for this is the willingness of our moderator to publish your letter.

        Methran supporter saying Mar Mathews II is the 87th successor of St.Thomas. can you please publish the successors list of Marthoma? In my knowledge Mar Mathews II is the 6th IO Church Catholicose. IO Church cannot claim the earlier Catholicose/Maphriano�s under the Patriarch of Antioch. For more details visit http://catholicose.org/PauloseII/Catholicate.htm. You can see that the IOC forums and publications are using the name Thomas I Cathlolica, Divanasios Catholica, Rival Catholica etc. to address our Shershta Bava (H.B.Baseliose Thomas I Catholica Bava). In a press conference at Aluva IO Church Catholicose Mar Mathews II Bava said, H.B.Catholicose (Mor Baseliose Thomas I) is a duplicate. In 1994 your Mar Mathews II Bava filed a case in Kottayam District Court against our Puthencruz Association, in that addressing Baseliose Paulose II as Paulose Mar Philaxinos. Your Bava himself trating the others like this. �Give respect and take respect�. Alwaye seminary belongings Jacobite Church. Seminary & Church was built by our Holy father�s under the Apostolic see of Antioch & all The East. Only the bishops of Angamali Diocese under the Patriarch of Antioch has the right to stay there. 99% of Angamali diocese faithful accept the leadership of the patriarch and the Catholicose ordained by Patriarch of Antioch. Our Bava is the right person to claim seminary.

        All the enmity was not started by the incoming bishops from Persia but started by the late Patriarch Mar Abdul Mishiha (who was suspended from the throne of St.Peter by the Holy Synod of Universal Syriac Orthodox Church). Mar Abdulmishiho created an uncanoniocal catholicate in Malankara & that was the corner stone of all the problems. Donot blame others for your fault.

        Biju Kurian Mathews
        I D #173
        St.Mary�s Jacobite Syriac Church Muscat /
        St.George Jacobite Syriac Church Puthuppally.