JACOBITES WILL PROTEST ON JULY 10TH AGAINST POLICE ATROCITY

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 3366 , Jul 7 12:28 AM
      Jacobite Church declared July 10th Sunday as `protest day' against
      the police atrocity on the faithful at Aluva St. Mary's Church. The
      Church Working Council met yesterday decided to conduct protect
      meeting in all Churches in Malankara and later `silent procession'
      as well.

      Police brutally lathi-charged the priests and believers assembled at
      Aluva St. Mary's Church on last Sunday, in support of the hunger-
      strike of the Catholicose H.B. Baselius Thomas I. The Catholicos
      started his `Fast until death' protesting the government support
      given to Orthodox Catholicose-designate to enter into the
      Trikkunnath Seminary Chappel on Saturday evening, while the area was
      under CrPC 144 ban. It is alleged that the Chief Minister Oommen
      Chandy, who is a member of the Orthodox Church is behind allowing
      the Catholicose-designate for his entry into the Seminary.

      The Working Council meeting demanded a judicial enquiry into the
      events and punishing the culprits in the police. The meeting was
      presided by Episcopal Synod Secretary Joseph Mor Gregorios
      metropolitan.

      SOCM NEWS BUREAU – KOCHI.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3366 of 3366 , Jul 1 5:33 AM