Re: The Quest for Peace

  • CJ Varughese
    Message 1 of 3368 , Jun 26, 2005
      Dear Moderators,

      This has reference to my elder Bro. Junas posting as message No.3 in Digest No.1290 in response to my referred message about his peace mission. As I clearied in my posting that it was not meant for hurting the feeling of the learned member, but the irrelevancy of the said wish to Bro. Junas at this juncture. While respecting his age and also his pain in the current affairs in the Malankara Syrian Church, and if we look at the end results of various peace initiatives undertaken in the past, I would like to ask Bro. Junas, the same question Apostle St. Peter asked to his master.

      As all of us know, HH Patriach and the Supreme Head of the Syrian Church (not ONE, TWO or THREE, more of them) tried and waited for decades and hoped for a peaceful ending of the spark ignited by an AUTHORITARIAN and POWERMONGER type of a Metropolitan of the Malankara Church in the early 20th Century, but even after almost a century any of those HH find any fruit for their actions.

      I am sure Bro. Junas is also a member of the other Devalokam group forum. I would like Bro. Junas to study some of those messages appear in that forum, and then decide, whether it will be possible for a unity as visualizing by Bro. Junas. The basic Syrian Christian Faith is being questioned by some of their learned members. They are not only any layman, but include Bishops, Priests and very learned and respected Public figures of the current day. Their vision and aim is entirely different than that of a pure Syrian Christain. They expect and hope just with a stamp of 'Orthodox' and 'Syrian' they will be successful. Will it work? Yes it will work only with the opportunists and selfish ones, but not with the SYRIAN FAITHFULS of the Malankara.

      Again I ask Bro. Junas, will it be worth if we dilute and set apart the faith for the sake of peace and unity. If Bro. Junas is cent percent sure, we will not burn our fingers again and again, then he is right in his proclaiming peace is in right direction. But draging and expecting others towards his belief is not the right way of thinking from his side, and hence I put my concern.

      For the sake of a continued discussion, it will be alright from my side to see more mail from him.

      With best regards,
      CJ Varughese
      Member ID # 1012
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com