Re: Treachery, deceit and deception reach new heights

  • Dilip Jacob
    Message 1 of 3364 , Jun 26, 2005
      Dear Moderator,

      This is my first posting to the forum and is ignited by respected Rev. Dn George Mathew's posting in Digest No. 1291.

      I feel the Bishop who came back to the Jacobite Church should explain very simply and let the common people know why he left the church and why he is coming back. He should prove that he is capable of leading the common man in right way and is stable in his belief. Hence while the common people ‘read the response of the esteemed bishop and allow him to do what his heart and reason tell him to do’, the Bishop should in return be able to express his love for the people i.e. the church, is true. It is sad and unfortunate that the circumstances have led the respected Bishop into a situation where he has to explain and prove these issues.

      Further Respected Dn., could you please share with us what you felt when you heard this Bishop joined Orthodox church and later came back to Jacobite church. Obviously it is God’s will and plan but what do you think about it in terms of your belief and what could be the reason as far as you are concerned. Also you wrote about an Orthodox priest who joined Jacobite church. If he comes back to Orthodox church, as you said, will the Orthodox common people accept his words again that it is a free country and it is only his business? It is not his own business, since he shall be leading a lot of people and has to atleast explain why he is moving here and there!. Here we are talking of a much much more glorified person and responsibility comes hand in hand with position.

      I agree to and uphold the respected Deacons message of ‘no gutter talks’ since such talks can hurt people but I feel the forum is a place to discuss and if you withhold what you feel, there is no significance in any discussions. But people should be careful not to build up hatred against each other when they differ in opinions.

      Best Regards,
      Dilip Jacob
      Member#1000
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com