Syrian settlement anniversary from May 24

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10 9:23 AM

      Syrian settlement anniversary from May 24

      KOTTAYAM: The 1657th Syrian settlement anniversary will be held at Kuttoor, near Tiruvalla, from May 24 to 26.

      The ���Knayi Thomman Nagar���, to be set up at the Kuttoor Government High School grounds, will play host to the three-day event.

      More than one lakh devotees from the country and outside are expected to arrive for the meet. Prayer meetings aimed at fostering toes between the Antioch and Malankara will be the highlight of the programme.

      An organising committee was formed the other day for the successful conduct of the meet. Abraham Mar Clemis, Knanaya Jacobite Church supremo and Metropolitan of the East, are the patrons and Fr Joseph Karingattil is the chairman of the committee. Fr Anoob Stephen (local manager) and Juby M Mathew (secretary) are the other office-bearers.

      Knanaya Congress president Fr Roy Mathew Mulamoottil presided over the organising committee formation meeting. Samudaaya secretary T O Eliyas, secretary Thampan Thomas and Knanaya Congress general secretary Sabu Thottumkal spoke.

      Source: http://www.newindpress.com/news.asp?id=IER20020410012225

    • V Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10 5:25 PM
        Dear Brother in christ,
        We are the children of God and very dear to God,so that for our sake
        Jesus had to undergo sufferings on cross.Nothing happened by
        mistake.It is written in Bible that God looked at everything he has created
        and
        felt pleased.(Genesis chapters 1-2)
        If one is a christain by mistake,he is man by mistake also(same logic)
        But Bible gives us enough evidence for the fact that we of are all born
        as a part of his palns.Each hair of us is counted.
        But this quarrels and fights-oh!.What to do we are humans-God has given
        us freedom to choose also.
        Look at first man Adam,he disobeyed-cause satan.
        Satan is still around to misguide people.Jesus came ,redeemed us
        and set an example for us.Still we repeat the mistakes.
        Only God can give peace and strength to face temptations.
        (Ps29:)Let us pray.
        Love
        vmt