Re: ATHEIST

  • William John
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 9, 2002
      Does there have to be a divide between belief in evolution and belief in
      God?
      It would seem to me that God could have CREATED the world and humanity
      through EVOLUTION.

      Willy

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 10, 2002
        Dear sir,
        As per evolution it took billions of years for things ,that we see around,
        to happen.All bible years togetheris <6000.
        Hence we have to accept any one.
        Regards
        vmt
      • =?iso-8859-1?q?Humble=20Serva
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 10, 2002
          Mr.Paolo:

          We will honour ONLY HH.Partiarch of Antioch and All the
          East as our Supreme head, no matter how many
          confessions you do,in fact you must confess if you
          want to be with God, for that sake u confess,dont
          confess to please us and for further consolidation of
          power by this cheap act.

          In fact catholic church had always created grear dishonour
          to christianity by its selfishness, corruption and love fo all the
          materialistic and worldly pleasures.You can never
          compare with Syrian church.if Patriarch Zakka I has
          forgiven pope it is his mercy.

          WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT HH.PATRIARCH OF ANTIOCH AND ALL
          THE EAST AS OUR SUPREME SPIRITUAL HEAD ,we dont mind
          having good understanding with our church . But NEVER
          PAPAL-SUPREMACY.

          =====
          A Humble Servant of Jesus Christ.Son of Jehova,God of Israel

          A knight of the Order of Jacob Baradeus for empowering Jacobites
          under Holy Throne of Antioch, my mission.
        • Babu Kurian
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 10, 2002
            Cant we the Syrian Christians (If I am wrong, please excuse me, because
            the non Christians calling us "Christians". May be they are wrong.) wait
            until next April to crucify the Jesus Christ.

            I like to express my thanks to the priesthood for the new system adopted
            in the Universal church. I think we should abolish the Holy Synod now.
            We do not need that drama for the adoption of the new systems in our litergy
            or spiritual matters.

            Keep it up

            A Christian by mistake called by the non-Christians.
            Babu Kurian

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Deepika.com" <webmaster@d...> wrote:
            > <http://www.deepika.com>
            > The following news items from Deepika.com are forwarded to you from
            > email id: daniel_reji@h...
            > Breaking News
            > Monday, April 08, 2002 05:43:26 PM IST
            >

            > For more news visit www.deepika.com <http://www.deepika.com>
            > JacobsonSoft <http://www.jacobsonsoft.com>
          • PAUL POTHEN
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 10, 2002

              About the news in Deepika on the Piravom Palli issue, there was a slight exaggeration about the whole event and this may have created some confusion among the readers.   So here i would like to present the facts that had happened there on that day.

              Actually it was only Fr.Elias, appointed as the alternate Priest by the diocesan Metropolitan (Catholicos-designate Mor Divanyosious Thirumeni) a few months back, celebrated the holy Qurbana on that particular day.   Though the other Achen initially tried to create trouble on that particular day by obstructing Fr.Elias, he had to finally accept the decision of the local government authorities, which they had taken after consultation with the Parishioners.  Since a consensus was reached only in the last minute, this Achen was also present in the Madbaha, while Fr. Elias celebrated Qurbana. (Remember if two priests had then celebrated the Services simultaneously in the same Madbaha, as mentioned in the daily, then there would have been a serious trouble, which the police force under no circumstances would have allowed to continue).

              In the Piravom Valiya Palli, the Patriarch faction has strength of more than 90 % and this fact was clearly established two years back in 2000 with the Church committee election held under the supervision of the High Court nominees.  Dissatisfied on the turn of events, Methran Kakshi submitted a petition in the Supreme Court, stating that only the parishioners supporting them (5 %) have the right to vote in the election.  But they themselves were forced to withdraw the case following some remarks from SC, which appears to be unfavourable for them in other Church cases if they continue with this one.  Thus after this election, the Jacobite Syrian Christians got the full administrative authority of the church.

              The particular Priest, who tried to create troubles by not allowing Fr.Elias to celebrate the Holy Services on last Sunday, is one of the Parish Priests from earlier period.   He created troubles with the support of Muvattupuzha Athanasius Methran who switched over to the Kottayam Orthodox faction in 1996.   Though the Jacobites forms the majority (90 %), they were actually suppressing their sentiments for many years now, in order to avoid any troubles, which may lead to the permanent closure of this ancient church, just as that happened before.   Exploiting this peculiar situation, both the Athanasius supporters & Sevarious supporters of Kottayam Orthodox group (total 5 %) never allowed Fr.Elias who was appointed as the Chief Priest from the Jacobite side to celebrate the Holy Qurbono.   To avoid any confrontation with the dissident section, the Jacobites tried their maximum to remain silent and waited for a consensus on the matter.

              Only a week before, did Fr.Elias got the approval of all and accordingly he was to celebrate the Holy Services without any problems.    But the situations become worse after a last minute visit of Muvattupuzha Athanasius of Kottayam Orthodox group to the concerned Priest who was forced to lead the troubles.  Everybody in the area knows, who is behind all these, it is Athanasius Methran & Devolokom leadership.  It was after studying all these facts that the local govt. authorities finally approved Fr.Elias  (who was appointed by Catholicos-designate Mor Divanyosios Thirumeni) to celebrate the Holy Qurbono,  Orelse the Govt. authorities never would have supported Fr. Elias to celebrate the Holy Services.

              So my advice to all in these hours of crisis is to try to know more about the facts before coming into any conclusions.  There are many who are trying to spread false rumours to tarnish the Syrian Christian community & our bishops.  Their sole aim is to destroy the Syrian Church so that the Kottayam leadership can have the full authority of the Malankara Church.  So be careful of all the false propagandas.

                Babu@..., UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:

              Cant we the Syrian Christians (If I am wrong, please excuse me, because

              Do You Yahoo!?