Indian Priest initiates pilgrim tours to W. Asia

  • Malankara Voice
    Message 1 of 3367 , May 29, 2005
      Priest initiates pilgrim tours to W. Asia
      (Report from Manorama Online, 29.05.2005)

      Dubai: A Kerala-based Christian priest's initiative in organising pilgrimage tourism in West Asia is catching up with Keralites and Goans living in Gulf countries.

      ''275 Indian, Filipino and Pakistani nationals living in Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE and Oman have undertaken group tours to the region in the past four months,'' Father Sleeba Kattumanagttu.

      The idea of promoting pilgrimage tourism among Asian nationals in the Gulf countries was initiated by Kattumangattu in collaboration with Qatar Airways, Gulf Times of Doha reported.

      ''Since Qatar hosted the last Tourism Summit, I have received a number of inquiries from among Asian nationalities in the region, especially Indians and Filipinos for organising tours to the West Asian locations,'' the Kochi-based priest said.

      Next month, he is taking a big group of UAE nationals, besides Western expatriates in Kuwait, for the trips to Jordan, Egypt and other locations.

      In the past 10 years, Kattumanghattu has taken 64 travelling groups to the region, at least a dozen of them in the last one year alone.

      http://www.manoramaonline.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename==manorama/MmArticle/CommonFullStory&c==MmArticle&channel==News&cid=17361817128&colid==1002258272845&count=&p=02366458812
      (Manorma Online)
      PS: Royal Omania Tours and Travels - http://www.omaniatours.com is founded and managed by Rev. Sleeba Kattumangattu, Cor-Episcopa an ordained Christian Priest belonging to the Syrian Orthodox church. He is the parishoner of the famous Marthoman Church at Mulanthuruthy(S.Kerala, India),a 1000 year old Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church which is known as the 2nd Jerusalem of India.
      Webpage of Mulanthuruthy Church:
      http://sor.cua.edu/ChMon/Cochin/MulanthuruthyMarthoman.html
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3367 of 3367 , Today at 5:26 AM