Reunion concept of Mr. Paolo

  • BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 9, 2002
      From the desk of:

      ( Vayaliparambil Pynadath ) BPM
      BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW M
      B.E.(CSE)

      COCHIN-682 024
      SOUTH INDIA

      email:bibuphilipmathew@...
      :hellobibu@...

      Dear Mr.Paolo

      It is a good thing that ecumenical discussions are progressing and
      different churches are coming closer , or having mutual understanding.

      By eventual reunion with Rome,if you mean to say both Syrian church and
      catholic church should be under one Patriarch,I (we) can NEVER EVER accept
      that ,it is absolutely OUT OF QUESTION.Syrians are recognising Pope only as
      Patriarch of West and can never accept Pope as Patriarch of East.In the same
      way, we are not interested in making you accept Syrian Patriarch as
      Patriarch of West.

      Four Patriarchs' for four quarters of the Globe.When all the four come
      together the Church is complete, not one single Patriarch for entire church.

      More over we have not gone away, we stand where we are,so reunion term does
      not match in our case.In fact you went away, for St.Peter established only
      1 Throne in Antioch and not in Rome.

      Why dont you think the other way eventual reunion with Holy Throne of Antioch ?

      We Syrians can never digest having both spiritual and temporal power together.
      We believe Patriarchs' should have no temporal power.

      if you mean by reunion , Syrians under Vatican, then i can only say that
      catholic church should SURRENDER and overcome its COLONIAL AMBITIONS to rule
      over entire world and not repeat the sins any longer like in past.

      I think(not sure) Pope and Patriarch have signed treaty of intermarriages
      in church , and acceptance of communion from other church in the absence
      (non availability) of priest one's native church.If such a treaty is in
      force we will honour it , otherwise NO.

      Another thing is that the priesthood of Antioch is A judo-Christian origin
      with clean hands, without any trace of sin or corruption,so we will honour
      that forever.

      Personally I prefer only a syrian Orthodox communion.

      Earlier , we had taken oath not to have any dealings with Rome,by forgiveness
      means we will respect you and help you as christians but not to surrender
      to your church or Pope.It only means "We accept Pope,now(after forgiveness by
      HH.Patriarch.Zakka I) as Patriarch of West ONLY but not and NEVER of East.

      Further opinion about communion in particular I refer to other experts in forum.
      regards,
      BPM

      On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 04:10:12 Paolo Guanco wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >I greatly appreciate your respect towards my church and my patriarch. As we
      >all know, the relations between the catholic Church and several eastern
      >churches are warming up....
    • dipu george
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 9, 2002

        shlomo ,

        it seems paulo is not aware of the first three synods .

        or are we seeing the inner� designs of paulo in this matter.

        perhaps we at soc forum should educate paulo regarding the antiquity and supremacy of our patriach in christendom.

        the roman catholic church has itself acknowledged the antiquity of the syrian orthodx church� in its calendar .so where does the reunion UNDER� the roman pope lie?????

        as�� long as the� roman catholic church doesnt revret back to the henophysite view of the trinity� i doubt whether such reunion( perhaps another universal synod could be held then) is ever possible.

        the roman pope has never apologised for the division of the malankara church also nor for the infamous inquisitions at goa� so far.

        though we respect the roman pope� , paulo please keep in mind that our patriach is equal in supremacy along with the coptic pope� with the roman pope� because we three belong to the churches founded by st peter himself .

        i suggest u read the drafts of the three synods held at nicea , constantinople and ephesus before writing such crap

        aloho ahmuch

        dipu george

        "V Thomas"@... wrote:

        Dear brother
        Our Patriarch HH Zakka I has met� Pope and we have already come
        to many understanding in the matter of �worship etc.They have made
        a joint communique. We leave such eccleasiastical matters with
        Patriarchs.
        Unlike in middle east we were persecuted by Jesuits and the Portugese
        govt� The Roman catholic church was seperated� from us, by these
        Jesuit fanatics......
      • William John
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 9, 2002
          Does there have to be a divide between belief in evolution and belief in
          God?
          It would seem to me that God could have CREATED the world and humanity
          through EVOLUTION.

          Willy

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 10, 2002
            Dear sir,
            As per evolution it took billions of years for things ,that we see around,
            to happen.All bible years togetheris <6000.
            Hence we have to accept any one.
            Regards
            vmt
          • =?iso-8859-1?q?Humble=20Serva
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 10, 2002
              Mr.Paolo:

              We will honour ONLY HH.Partiarch of Antioch and All the
              East as our Supreme head, no matter how many
              confessions you do,in fact you must confess if you
              want to be with God, for that sake u confess,dont
              confess to please us and for further consolidation of
              power by this cheap act.

              In fact catholic church had always created grear dishonour
              to christianity by its selfishness, corruption and love fo all the
              materialistic and worldly pleasures.You can never
              compare with Syrian church.if Patriarch Zakka I has
              forgiven pope it is his mercy.

              WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT HH.PATRIARCH OF ANTIOCH AND ALL
              THE EAST AS OUR SUPREME SPIRITUAL HEAD ,we dont mind
              having good understanding with our church . But NEVER
              PAPAL-SUPREMACY.

              =====
              A Humble Servant of Jesus Christ.Son of Jehova,God of Israel

              A knight of the Order of Jacob Baradeus for empowering Jacobites
              under Holy Throne of Antioch, my mission.
            • Babu Kurian
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 10, 2002
                Cant we the Syrian Christians (If I am wrong, please excuse me, because
                the non Christians calling us "Christians". May be they are wrong.) wait
                until next April to crucify the Jesus Christ.

                I like to express my thanks to the priesthood for the new system adopted
                in the Universal church. I think we should abolish the Holy Synod now.
                We do not need that drama for the adoption of the new systems in our litergy
                or spiritual matters.

                Keep it up

                A Christian by mistake called by the non-Christians.
                Babu Kurian

                --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Deepika.com" <webmaster@d...> wrote:
                > <http://www.deepika.com>
                > The following news items from Deepika.com are forwarded to you from
                > email id: daniel_reji@h...
                > Breaking News
                > Monday, April 08, 2002 05:43:26 PM IST
                >

                > For more news visit www.deepika.com <http://www.deepika.com>
                > JacobsonSoft <http://www.jacobsonsoft.com>
              • PAUL POTHEN
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 10, 2002

                  About the news in Deepika on the Piravom Palli issue, there was a slight exaggeration about the whole event and this may have created some confusion among the readers.   So here i would like to present the facts that had happened there on that day.

                  Actually it was only Fr.Elias, appointed as the alternate Priest by the diocesan Metropolitan (Catholicos-designate Mor Divanyosious Thirumeni) a few months back, celebrated the holy Qurbana on that particular day.   Though the other Achen initially tried to create trouble on that particular day by obstructing Fr.Elias, he had to finally accept the decision of the local government authorities, which they had taken after consultation with the Parishioners.  Since a consensus was reached only in the last minute, this Achen was also present in the Madbaha, while Fr. Elias celebrated Qurbana. (Remember if two priests had then celebrated the Services simultaneously in the same Madbaha, as mentioned in the daily, then there would have been a serious trouble, which the police force under no circumstances would have allowed to continue).

                  In the Piravom Valiya Palli, the Patriarch faction has strength of more than 90 % and this fact was clearly established two years back in 2000 with the Church committee election held under the supervision of the High Court nominees.  Dissatisfied on the turn of events, Methran Kakshi submitted a petition in the Supreme Court, stating that only the parishioners supporting them (5 %) have the right to vote in the election.  But they themselves were forced to withdraw the case following some remarks from SC, which appears to be unfavourable for them in other Church cases if they continue with this one.  Thus after this election, the Jacobite Syrian Christians got the full administrative authority of the church.

                  The particular Priest, who tried to create troubles by not allowing Fr.Elias to celebrate the Holy Services on last Sunday, is one of the Parish Priests from earlier period.   He created troubles with the support of Muvattupuzha Athanasius Methran who switched over to the Kottayam Orthodox faction in 1996.   Though the Jacobites forms the majority (90 %), they were actually suppressing their sentiments for many years now, in order to avoid any troubles, which may lead to the permanent closure of this ancient church, just as that happened before.   Exploiting this peculiar situation, both the Athanasius supporters & Sevarious supporters of Kottayam Orthodox group (total 5 %) never allowed Fr.Elias who was appointed as the Chief Priest from the Jacobite side to celebrate the Holy Qurbono.   To avoid any confrontation with the dissident section, the Jacobites tried their maximum to remain silent and waited for a consensus on the matter.

                  Only a week before, did Fr.Elias got the approval of all and accordingly he was to celebrate the Holy Services without any problems.    But the situations become worse after a last minute visit of Muvattupuzha Athanasius of Kottayam Orthodox group to the concerned Priest who was forced to lead the troubles.  Everybody in the area knows, who is behind all these, it is Athanasius Methran & Devolokom leadership.  It was after studying all these facts that the local govt. authorities finally approved Fr.Elias  (who was appointed by Catholicos-designate Mor Divanyosios Thirumeni) to celebrate the Holy Qurbono,  Orelse the Govt. authorities never would have supported Fr. Elias to celebrate the Holy Services.

                  So my advice to all in these hours of crisis is to try to know more about the facts before coming into any conclusions.  There are many who are trying to spread false rumours to tarnish the Syrian Christian community & our bishops.  Their sole aim is to destroy the Syrian Church so that the Kottayam leadership can have the full authority of the Malankara Church.  So be careful of all the false propagandas.

                    Babu@..., UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:

                  Cant we the Syrian Christians (If I am wrong, please excuse me, because

                  Do You Yahoo!?