ATHEIST

  • Jeril Thomas
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 9, 2002
      An atheist was taking a walk through the woods,
      admiring all that the accident of evolution had created.

      "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What
      beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

      As he was walking alongside the river he heard a
      rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look.
      He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge toward him.

      He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked
      over his shoulder And saw that the bear was closing.
      He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming
      to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and
      the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping
      frantically and he tried to run even faster. He
      tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to
      pick himself up but saw the bear, right on top of
      him: reaching for him with his left paw and raising
      his right paw to strike him.

      At that instant the atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."

      Time stopped.
      The bear froze.
      The forest was silent.
      Even the river stopped moving.

      As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came
      out of the sky: "You deny my existence for all of
      these years; teach others I don't exist; and, even
      credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect
      me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count
      you as a believer?" The atheist looked directly into
      the light: "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly
      ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps
      you could make the bear a Christian?"

      "Very well," the voice said.

      The light went out.
      The river ran again.
      And the sounds of the forest resumed.

      And then the bear dropped its right paw, brought both
      paws together, bowed its head and spoke: "Lord, for
      this food which I am about to receive, I am truly
      thankful."
    • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 15, 2002
      • dipu george
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 17, 2002

          shlomo,

          just a suggestion ,

          how many students are studying in our seminaries ( i hope we have mekaeshift seminaries after ours was grabbed by the metran kakshis)

           if they are sufficient in number

          i have a humble opinion

          let these children of god  come out into the streets  nad fight for our holy church  for these youngsters are supposed to lead us in the next generations

          let them  have  jacob burdana as their patron saint for this cause because now is probably the last chance to prove their religuous zeal

          let these children prove themselves to be our future jacob burdanas

          i will give my full energy  and fullest coperation for such a cause

          aloho ahmuch

          dipu george

          Do You Yahoo!?