Re: [SOCM-FORUM] FW: Noble cause

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 9, 2002
      Dear brother
      Our Patriarch HH Zakka I has met  Pope and we have already come
      to many understanding in the matter of  worship etc.They have made
      a joint communique. We leave such eccleasiastical matters with
      Patriarchs.
      Unlike in middle east we were persecuted by Jesuits and the Portugese
      govt  The Roman catholic church was seperated  from us, by these
      Jesuit fanatics.Now world has changed and so all this
      understanding and going together is .OK,but for that using the word
      reunion is meaningless.We do not accept any roman supremacy for that matter.
      With the rapid growth of science and awakening of other religions like Hinduism
      Isalm etc.we shall try to correct ourself and set as example.
      If you are still in the world of  establishing papal supremacy-you are  just dreaming.
      (After centuaries of persecuting fellow christains,since one pope expressed
      sorrow that will not qualify pope to be universal head of christains.
      When fellow orthodox christians were killed in Turkey Roman church.
      kept quite.)
      Love
      vmt

      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 9, 2002
        An atheist was taking a walk through the woods,
        admiring all that the accident of evolution had created.

        "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What
        beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

        As he was walking alongside the river he heard a
        rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look.
        He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge toward him.

        He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked
        over his shoulder And saw that the bear was closing.
        He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming
        to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and
        the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping
        frantically and he tried to run even faster. He
        tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to
        pick himself up but saw the bear, right on top of
        him: reaching for him with his left paw and raising
        his right paw to strike him.

        At that instant the atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."

        Time stopped.
        The bear froze.
        The forest was silent.
        Even the river stopped moving.

        As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came
        out of the sky: "You deny my existence for all of
        these years; teach others I don't exist; and, even
        credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect
        me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count
        you as a believer?" The atheist looked directly into
        the light: "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly
        ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps
        you could make the bear a Christian?"

        "Very well," the voice said.

        The light went out.
        The river ran again.
        And the sounds of the forest resumed.

        And then the bear dropped its right paw, brought both
        paws together, bowed its head and spoke: "Lord, for
        this food which I am about to receive, I am truly
        thankful."
      • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 15, 2002
        • dipu george
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 17, 2002

            shlomo,

            just a suggestion ,

            how many students are studying in our seminaries ( i hope we have mekaeshift seminaries after ours was grabbed by the metran kakshis)

             if they are sufficient in number

            i have a humble opinion

            let these children of god  come out into the streets  nad fight for our holy church  for these youngsters are supposed to lead us in the next generations

            let them  have  jacob burdana as their patron saint for this cause because now is probably the last chance to prove their religuous zeal

            let these children prove themselves to be our future jacob burdanas

            i will give my full energy  and fullest coperation for such a cause

            aloho ahmuch

            dipu george

            Do You Yahoo!?