Re: I AM A JACOBITE !!! (for getting a sponshorship in Vellore CMC)

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 3365 , May 12, 2005
      Dear TM chacko and other brothers;

      There is an after-story for this story. He will go to Vellore, become a doctor because of SOC.

      But most likely will marry from Methran group because a lot of Methran guys are rich. Now he has poor attitude to the church. This story goes on.

      Look at all the people who is well off financially. Very few have prayers two times at their home. For them church is of 'poor' people and God is hidden.( "is there any God really??")

      Recently, during the great Lent, there was a birthday party. A priest went to attend it. ( I will not say where this happened. I did not attend. But I heard from very very reliable source).

      The party was attended by many software engineers and some other high-paid "job" guys. They had no problem in serving meat there(
      even though priest was attending!!!.) No one (except priest) had no problem in eating meat. One of the guys is an altar boy. He too had no problem in eating meat on Saturday evening and partaking Holy Qurbana on Sunday. Amazing!

      If you check the back-ground of all these guys, I found one thing. Their parents had some "govt" jobs, and they had decent life in Kerala compared, to say poor farmer or an uneducated one.

      And those parents did not feel their son(or daughter) should go to church or practice prayer at home. Because going to Sunday school or praying etc are not for 'civilized' or "upper class" people.

      No wonder, these have no respect for church , nor they do know anything about the faith or God.

      Some time, back a girl named Susan(if i remember her name well) had published her opinion on Holy Qurbana. From that message I understand that she was from well to do family. (Apparently she went to the church in car.) But her father made sure she went before Holy Qurbana, and on her return from church, her father taught her about Gospel reading in that Sunday. I don’t have that link now. But worth reading. Many of those who read this are fathers. How many bother to do that ?

      Because, faith is instilled in child hood. Not after one become a teen. But church is full of these "hypocrites". And we know what Lord thinks of Hypocrites.( read Matthew chapter 23- you will be shocked.)

      Those who read this, think if Lord is in your life or is He only in your word?. Start with, see if how much you submit to the rule of the church? How many have read it?

      It might be well worth to stop the TV for one hour and pray daily and read these. I would say this will be most valuable time ever spent, when you look back from future.

      regards

      Paul Reji
      Member ID # 901
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com