Oommen Chandy and 3M

  • T M Chacko
    Message 1 of 3363 , May 8, 2005
      Oommen Chandy and 3M

      These days many rumours are spreading about CM Oommen Chandy. People used to ask whether there is any hidden agenda for the CM. Does he have any special interest in promoting his Christian community over others? Whatever be the truth such allegations are being raised by leaders as well as common man of other communities.

      The prominent Hindu leaders of Kerala like Vellappally Natesan as well as many others are saying that Chief Minister is under the influence of 3Ms namely the MUTHOOT, the MANORAMA and the METHRAN.

      Already the Congress leader V M Sudheeran ex-MP had asked for the resignation of Retd. Justice John Mathew (who is a Devalokam insider and a close confident of CM) from the enquiry commission appointed by CM Oommen Chandy for deciding on the controversial mining around sea coast (Karimanal Khananam). Many more are presenting a detailed list of close confidents from the particular Christian community of Oommen Chandy who are given high posts in Government institutions. Rajan Chacko from Thiruvalla (now settled in madras), who is alleged to be behind the recent SSLC Exam Paper leak, is said to be getting the help of CM. The fellow who is given charge of proposed Smart City at Cochin is said to be from his community (political allegations has already been raised against this). Another fellow from CMs community who is working as his right-hand is Giji Thompson IAS. Many have already raised eyebrows on his undue influence over CM. Many allegations are flouting against this IAS fellow.

      It is in the middle of all these allegations a group of Methran Kakshi laity leaders under the banner -Orthodox Citizens forum-, assembled under its president Jacob Mathew and praised Oommen Chandy for promoting those from their community. They (citizen forum) are giving a list of their church members who are given Government posts by Oommen Chandy. See the list.

      1. Adv. Thomas Philip - as PSC member (He was the person who filed the case against our Catholicose at Chenganoor Court in 2002. He is also the same person who led the cases against the Jacobite Church at Kayamkulam and Kanjiramattom in recent times)

      2. Dr. Thomas John Mambara - as MG University Exam controller

      3. Dr. Varghese Peryilined – as Kerala Syndicate Member

      4. Former IOC CHURCH SECRETARY A K Thomas – nominated as Wages Commission member

      The names of Retd. Justice John Mathai, Gigi Thompson etc, comes beyond this. The list goes on.

      So people in general doubt whether there is any truth in the allegation that CM is under the influence of 3 M.

      T M Chacko
      Manarcad,
      Kottayam
      Member ID # 0903