22nd Annual Youth Convention of SOC in Canada & USA

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 3351 , Apr 20 5:54 AM
      The Saint-Jacques Syriac Orthodox Youth Organisation is proud to host the 22nd Annual Youth Convention From June 30th to July 3rd 2005 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada At Montreal Dorval Airport

      Theme: Where Are We Going?

      Does anyone really have an answer to this simple yet complex question? As individuals in a very young 21st century, we have so far encountered an array of world events.

      Unfortunately, all we seem to excel in is more war, more terror, more world hunger and more of a world without innocence. We still move on though but wondering what is next. As young Adults, we graduate high school where some of us decide to continue our studies, some head into the work force right away, or some just take time off and see what the world can offer. From the beginning, we are constantly on a journey where it can be from just taking a bus ride to the nearest mall, to finding a path for a happy and prosperous future. While on these journeys, consciously or not, it seems that we are missing something important. That something is our FAITH.

      We are always searching, wondering, experimenting, which are very natural and healthy behaviours, but what if whatever we are looking for or where our paths lie are out of ours hands? We tend to believe that we should have all the answers and produce our own destinies, and as Christians, we have choices and we have the power to make things happen, but in truth, HE is the only one that determines our true journeys.

      As humans, it is already difficult for us to trust one another because it takes less effort to be sceptical, but yet as Christians, our trust and faith need only to be directed towards only one side and that is in the Almighty. Living in a scientific world, it is strenuous not knowing, not having things concrete or tangible, but faith, deeds, and to be a live member of the church activities are the only true antidote we need. In fact, �Faith without work is dead� James 2:20. When we have faith, it can help recuperate some of our lost innocence, it can ease some of our worries, and it can help
      us follow our journeys without fear.

      �Our eternal destination is much more important than that of our life here on earth�. Our theme is going to be implanted in each of our activities like never done before. By just standing still or moving around, we will be going, placing and taking many journeys together, and the adventure alone will be a triumph for HE is our path. Take the choice to explore, follow through the valleys with no fear, engage in our original Christian culture, and have one of the best times of your life.

      For more details, please visit http://www.yc2005.com/
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3351 of 3351 , Apr 1 4:38 AM
        Dear honorable members