10 Rules For A Blessed Day

  • Sara Thomas
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 6, 2002
      10 RULES FOR A BLESSED DAY

      1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK . . .
      If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind, I
      will not respond in a like manner.

      2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY 'ENEMY'
      If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will
      quietly ask God to bless that individual. I understand "enemy" could
      be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.

      3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY . . .
      I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not
      spread gossip.

      4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE . . .
      I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

      5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE . . .
      I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

      6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING KIND FOR SOMEONE, (BUT I WILL DO IT IN
      SECRET . . . ) I will reach out anonymously and bless the life
      of another.

      7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED . . .
      I will practice the golden rule. "Do Unto others as I would have them
      do unto me"- with EVERYONE I encounter.

      8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED . . .
      My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference
      to someone who is wrestling with life.

      9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY . . .
      I will eat less . . . I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank God
      for my body.

      10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY . . .
      I will spend a little more time in prayer today. I will begin reading
      something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at
      some point during this day) and listen to God's voice.

      Luke 10:27
      He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with
      all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind';
      and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

      Luke 10:27
      We learn three principles about loving our neighbor: (1) lack of love
      is often easy to justify, even though it is never right; (2) our neighbor
      is anyone of any race, creed, or social background who is in need; and
      (3) love means acting to meet the person's needs.
      Wherever you live, there are needy people close by. There is no good
      reason for refusing to help.

      Remember, today is a gift from God so treat it preciously

      -- Author Unknown
    • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 7, 2002

        Download cricket Yahoo! Score Tracker for live cricket scores on your desktop
      • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 8, 2002
          Click the following links for the latest from Malankara

          For more News on the concerned Subject :-

          1.  From  'Deepika'

          To read more click below

          Download cricket Yahoo! Score Tracker for live cricket scores on your desktop
        • Humble Servant of Christ
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 8, 2002
            Dear Bibu Philip Mathew,

            Only a cub will be born in a den, not a lamb
            A tree is known by its fruit.

            I have no doubt that you are the great great grandson
            of the first signator of historic Mulanthuruthy Synod.
            I salute you, Sire !
            with love.

            A Humble Servant of Jesus Christ.Son of Jehova,God of Israel

            A knight of the Order of Jacob Baradeus for empowering Jacobites
            under Holy Throne of Antioch, my mission.
          • V Thomas
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 9, 2002
              Dear brother
              Our Patriarch HH Zakka I has met  Pope and we have already come
              to many understanding in the matter of  worship etc.They have made
              a joint communique. We leave such eccleasiastical matters with
              Patriarchs.
              Unlike in middle east we were persecuted by Jesuits and the Portugese
              govt  The Roman catholic church was seperated  from us, by these
              Jesuit fanatics.Now world has changed and so all this
              understanding and going together is .OK,but for that using the word
              reunion is meaningless.We do not accept any roman supremacy for that matter.
              With the rapid growth of science and awakening of other religions like Hinduism
              Isalm etc.we shall try to correct ourself and set as example.
              If you are still in the world of  establishing papal supremacy-you are  just dreaming.
              (After centuaries of persecuting fellow christains,since one pope expressed
              sorrow that will not qualify pope to be universal head of christains.
              When fellow orthodox christians were killed in Turkey Roman church.
              kept quite.)
              Love
              vmt

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 9, 2002
                An atheist was taking a walk through the woods,
                admiring all that the accident of evolution had created.

                "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What
                beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

                As he was walking alongside the river he heard a
                rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look.
                He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge toward him.

                He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked
                over his shoulder And saw that the bear was closing.
                He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming
                to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and
                the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping
                frantically and he tried to run even faster. He
                tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to
                pick himself up but saw the bear, right on top of
                him: reaching for him with his left paw and raising
                his right paw to strike him.

                At that instant the atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."

                Time stopped.
                The bear froze.
                The forest was silent.
                Even the river stopped moving.

                As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came
                out of the sky: "You deny my existence for all of
                these years; teach others I don't exist; and, even
                credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect
                me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count
                you as a believer?" The atheist looked directly into
                the light: "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly
                ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps
                you could make the bear a Christian?"

                "Very well," the voice said.

                The light went out.
                The river ran again.
                And the sounds of the forest resumed.

                And then the bear dropped its right paw, brought both
                paws together, bowed its head and spoke: "Lord, for
                this food which I am about to receive, I am truly
                thankful."
              • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 15, 2002
                • dipu george
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 17, 2002

                    shlomo,

                    just a suggestion ,

                    how many students are studying in our seminaries ( i hope we have mekaeshift seminaries after ours was grabbed by the metran kakshis)

                     if they are sufficient in number

                    i have a humble opinion

                    let these children of god  come out into the streets  nad fight for our holy church  for these youngsters are supposed to lead us in the next generations

                    let them  have  jacob burdana as their patron saint for this cause because now is probably the last chance to prove their religuous zeal

                    let these children prove themselves to be our future jacob burdanas

                    i will give my full energy  and fullest coperation for such a cause

                    aloho ahmuch

                    dipu george

                    Do You Yahoo!?