Fwd: On-line Semitic NT Textual Criticism Book

  • daniel_reji
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
      All,

      Textual Criticism of the
      Semitic New Testament

      By James Scott Trimm

      As many of you know I have been writing a free on-line book
      laying out my theory of the textual criticism of the New Testament.
      This theory demonstrates a Hebrew and Aramaic origin for the New Testament.
      I have not completed all of the chapters, however the chapters that
      are up at this point do give a complete structure to the theory with
      evidence to support all of its major points.

      This book demonstrates that Matthew was originally written in Hebrew
      and that the Shem Tob, DuTillet and Munster Hebrew texts of Matthew are
      representatives descending from that original Hebrew text. Furthermore
      this Hebrew served as a basis for an Aramaic translation of Matthew
      represented by the Old Syriac Version of Matthew.

      The two Old Syriac manuscripts of the four Gospels are representatives
      of an Original Aramaic version of the Gospels (except Matthew, which had
      been translated from Hebrew into this Aramaic). This original Aramaic
      served as a basis for the Greek Western text represented by Codex Bezae
      (Codex D). This text was the oldest, most primitive and most Semitic type.
      The other Greek text types represent a revision of the Greek towards a
      more idiomatic, flowing Greek text. Finally the Peshitta New Testament
      was a revision of the original (Old Syriac) Aramaic which brought the
      Aramaic into closer conformity with the Majority Greek text.

      See the documented evidence.

      Go to: http://www.nazarene.net/hantri/
      and then click on: Hebrew/Aramaic Textual Criticism

      James Trimm