Popes funeral ceremony

  • Aji Alexander
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 8 4:15 AM
      Dear all,
      it's surprising to notice that none of our bishops or our patriarch
      H.H. ZAKA IWAS were present at this great service.
      Almost 200 thousand and world leaders including eastern orthodox
      church bishops gathered in VATICAN for the funeral ceremony of the
      late great Pope john paul II.
      our syrian orthodox church under the leadershi of H.H. ZAKHA made
      historic agreements with Roman catholic church during the reign of
      pope john paul.
      wish to know the reason.
      appreciate to your views

      Aji Alexander

      ST GEORGE UNIVERSAL SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
      KUWAIT
      Member ID: 1789
    • SOCM News Bureau
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 20 5:48 AM
        Sirazi Scholarship, Fellowship and Grant Fund

        Sirazi Foundation is a charitable and not-for-profit organization that sponsors and funds Sirazi Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants (SSFG) to qualified individuals of Syriac Orthodox descent all over the world.

        MISSION

        The awards shall be known as the Sirazi Scholarship, Fellowship and Grant Funds (SSFG). All Applicants shall be screened and selected by the Selection Committee appointed by Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church of the Eastern United States and shall be approved by the board of directors of Sirazi Foundation. Qualified applicants will be chosen for the scholarship, fellowship and grant programs at universities, colleges, community colleges and preparatory schools in accordance with the eligibility requirements outlined in this handbook.

        PROGRAMS

        �Grants� are intended for students and families who are in need of financial assistance.

        �Scholarships� and �Fellowships� are intended for students who demonstrate outstanding academic standings.

        For more details please visit http://www.sirazi.com