Re: Syrian Christian population declining

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 3366 , Apr 5, 2005
      There are so many things that can be learned from this.

      But the crux of all this is the church split and court case. How?
      you may ask? Here is my reasons

      1) Most of the so called elders in the church (say aged 40) and up
      have no clue of church faith. They were not exposed to Sunday school.

      2) so many priests started considering this job entrusted
      as "occupation" rather than serving the people. The "Shepherd
      himself started stealing and tearing up the sheep". This broke the
      trust of layman on priests.

      3) People forget thier primary duty as Christian. To submit to the
      will of God. The first command given to them by God is "procreate".
      In plain language "have a lot of children". Which is forgotten in
      first place.

      4) The faith of the church. No one knows it and every one thinks
      it is ok to be in "some faith" as long as "Jesus" is mentioned.
      I have seen that even stern faithful marrying thier daugher off
      to protestant faith. They rationalize at that time by
      saying "what is in a denomination; we need to pray to Jesus. isn't
      it?

      5) For all the people in child bearing age, I urge have more
      children. DO NOT KILL YOUR OWN CHILD by abortion which is a
      God's gift to you.

      7) Almost all the grand parents (age 60+) now repent for having
      ONLY one or two children. Most of them are well of now. God have
      blessed them with wealth. But when they started thier marriage they
      did not have wealth and stopped with one or two children. Now they
      dont even see thier grand children. They sit at home and repent
      about thier lost opportunity for having more children. ASK ANY
      Grand parent.

      8) Greed for money. Only one partner need to work. You need only
      small home. Bigger home or expensive life style will not bring
      happiness. But as we age, more grand children and relatives make
      you happy. ( of course you have to be with Lord )

      Bottom line : Dont be a miser for having kids. It is Godly. It is
      natural.
      Regards

      paul
      Memeber ID: 0901

      > Syrian Christian community population on the decline
      > (Tuesday April 5 2005 11:32 IST)
      >
      > KOCHI: Increasing migration and decreasing birth rate are
      endangering the Syrian Christian community in Kerala. The situation
      is likely to worsen in the coming decades and the community would
      soon enter the zero population regime.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3366 of 3366 , Jul 1 5:33 AM
        Dear honorable members