Whether Holy Confession is restricted to Church?

  • Thomas Mann George
    Message 1 of 3367 , Mar 30, 2005
      In our Church H. Baptism and H. Chrismation are considered as the entry to Holy Life in Christ and ofcourse to Church too. H. Eucharist is counted as the sacrament which fulfils all the other sacraments. So it called as Queen of Sacrament. We are also blessed with having H. Confession, H. Matrimony, H. Orders and Anointing of the Sick. Sacraments like H. Orders are not considered as mandatory to all in our Church. Obviously H. Chrismation, H. Eucharist, H. Matrimony, H. Orders are shared with those who are purified and bonded with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection through H. Baptism.

      My doubt is, whether Holy Confession is restricted to community of Church?

      What about the gentiles which St Paul mentions in Romans 2: 14 (For when the Gentiles, which have not the law?.)?

      Can they repent or confess their sins to God in the presence of a priest ? Can they receive penance and forgiveness of sins?

      Request you to give valuable blogs in our Church views.

      In HIS Love,

      Thomas Mann George,
      Marth Mariam Church Kandanad,
      St Mary's Jacobite Church Bangalore,