Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Introduction

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 11:46 PM
      Dear Sir,
      I personally would like to welcome you to our forum.in the name of
      our Lord Jesus christ and our christian brother hood.
      But I would like to caution you firstthat there will be some
      agruments,conterversies
      etc which may familar to you or new to you.This should not shake you nor
      lead you away from church.We are all human beings and such things will be
      always there.
      I will call two instances to emphasise this.
      1.Take the biblical scenerio of creation.Adam had two sons intially.They
      have the entire
      world to share.One could have taken the left and other right and both could
      have been happy.
      But what we see is the first murder of the world.
      2.Even the christ first line diciples had few times arguments on who is
      greater.
      So we shall remember we are not perfect and only through Christ we will
      reachthis perfections.
      So asin any church,or rather religion among us also different levels of
      thinking.
      Best of luck
      Love
      vmt

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 11:31 AM
        Thanks very much for your welcome! I'm already quite familiar with arguments in mailing list discussion forums as I'm a member to many of them. But I do believe that there is unity in diversity.

        Paolo

        > I am new to this list and would like to introduce myself. I am Paolo
        Guanco,
        > a Catholic of the Latin Rite from the Archdiocese of Jaro in the
        > Philippines. I joined this group to learn more and foster good relations
        > with churches of the east with which my church share a common apostolic
        > succession and heritage. Within the Catholic communion, I am an advocate
        of
        > grater autonomy of the eastern churches from Rome.
        >
        > As I received the first messages from this list after I subscribed, I cant
        > help but notice several mention of the phrase "TOTUS TUUS MARIA". I am
        very
        > surprised since this is the motto of the Bishop and Patriarch of Rome,
        Pope
        > John Paul II. This man has done more to foster good relations among
        > apostolic churches.
        >

        > May the risen Lord bless you all!
        >
        > Paolo

      • BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 12:42 AM
          From the desk of:
          ( Vayaliparambil Pynadath ) BPM
          BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW M
          B.E.(CSE)

          Gentlemen:

          So long as the 'Knight of Jacoob Baraedius' knows
          difference between church previlages and means of salvation,
          so long as he is a 'Christian first and a Syrian Orthodox
          second', I dont find any fault with this man.it is better
          to express opinions than suppress it otherwise it may end
          in uncontrollable emotional outbust of Physical action.

          In the wake of many accusations and heated words of exchange,
          I like to remind all,that we have a great home work to do,let
          litigation and concerned legal matters proceed on one end, on
          the other hand simultaneosly we have to do many constructive work
          like service to society/charity works,(let leaders form special
          commitee for this if my suggestion is acceptable) also we have to
          be more professional in church management;including training and
          selection of priest,bishops, youth movement...we have to impose
          disciple and everything should be in order.

          our progress we have to measure by our spiritual, intellectual,
          and charitable service/contributions to humanity(the week and
          suffering) as christians first and genuine Syrian Orthodox
          secondly.We should have a vision,where there is no vision the
          people perish.We should not bicker over trivial issues, but
          fight boldly for noble causes.We have to examine if there is
          anything wrong on our side and correct it to prevent further
          repeatation of managerial defects/style of functioning etc... if any.

          To the Catholic Gentleman from Philippines, joined forum recently,
          my message is dear Mr. Pauolo G.

          " there will be heated debates in some topics as a grassroot
          level debate, hope you will tolerate it as part of life and as
          a man of understanding, as problems are there everywhere.You are
          most welcome to the forum as scion of St.Peter's church, Patriarch;
          St.Peter being the founder of both Syrian Orthodox and Roman Catholic (Apostolic) churches."

          God bless the church and all his chosen ones.

          With regards,
          Bibu Philip Matthew
          Vayaliparambil Pynadath.