Suboro - Annunciation to the Virgin ((Gregorian 25th)

  • SOCM-Moderators
    Message 1 of 3366 , Mar 19, 2005
      Annunciation to the Virgin is one of the most important feasts in the Syriac
      Orthodox Church, so important that the Holy Liturgy (Qurbono) must be held
      on this day even if March 25th also happens to be Good Friday! (The Holy
      Liturgy is otherwise prohibited on Good Friday since the Church celebrates
      the death of Christ; in fact, the altar is stripped of all altar vessels and
      covered in black on Good Friday.)

      Annunciation Hymn

      "Shlomo, Peace be unto thee,"
      Said Gabriel,
      "Our Lord is with thee;
      Blessed art thou among women. [Luke 1.28]
      I have left Him above, but found Him with thee.
      He Whom you are bearing,
      Who bears the whole creation."

      Audio-: http://sor.cua.edu/BethGazo/Mardin/PYacqub3/BGMorehDramsho1.ra

      Source: http://sor.cua.edu