Introduction

  • Paolo Guanco
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi to all list members,

      I am new to this list and would like to introduce myself. I am Paolo Guanco,
      a Catholic of the Latin Rite from the Archdiocese of Jaro in the
      Philippines. I joined this group to learn more and foster good relations
      with churches of the east with which my church share a common apostolic
      succession and heritage. Within the Catholic communion, I am an advocate of
      grater autonomy of the eastern churches from Rome.

      As I received the first messages from this list after I subscribed, I cant
      help but notice several mention of the phrase "TOTUS TUUS MARIA". I am very
      surprised since this is the motto of the Bishop and Patriarch of Rome, Pope
      John Paul II. This man has done more to foster good relations among
      apostolic churches.

      May the risen Lord bless you all!

      Paolo
    • V Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
        Dear Sir,
        I personally would like to welcome you to our forum.in the name of
        our Lord Jesus christ and our christian brother hood.
        But I would like to caution you firstthat there will be some
        agruments,conterversies
        etc which may familar to you or new to you.This should not shake you nor
        lead you away from church.We are all human beings and such things will be
        always there.
        I will call two instances to emphasise this.
        1.Take the biblical scenerio of creation.Adam had two sons intially.They
        have the entire
        world to share.One could have taken the left and other right and both could
        have been happy.
        But what we see is the first murder of the world.
        2.Even the christ first line diciples had few times arguments on who is
        greater.
        So we shall remember we are not perfect and only through Christ we will
        reachthis perfections.
        So asin any church,or rather religion among us also different levels of
        thinking.
        Best of luck
        Love
        vmt

        > I am new to this list and would like to introduce myself. I am Paolo
        Guanco,
        > a Catholic of the Latin Rite from the Archdiocese of Jaro in the
        > Philippines. I joined this group to learn more and foster good relations
        > with churches of the east with which my church share a common apostolic
        > succession and heritage. Within the Catholic communion, I am an advocate
        of
        > grater autonomy of the eastern churches from Rome.
        >
        > As I received the first messages from this list after I subscribed, I cant
        > help but notice several mention of the phrase "TOTUS TUUS MARIA". I am
        very
        > surprised since this is the motto of the Bishop and Patriarch of Rome,
        Pope
        > John Paul II. This man has done more to foster good relations among
        > apostolic churches.
        >

        > May the risen Lord bless you all!
        >
        > Paolo

      • Paolo Guanco
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
          Thanks very much for your welcome! I'm already quite familiar with arguments in mailing list discussion forums as I'm a member to many of them. But I do believe that there is unity in diversity.

          Paolo

          > I am new to this list and would like to introduce myself. I am Paolo
          Guanco,
          > a Catholic of the Latin Rite from the Archdiocese of Jaro in the
          > Philippines. I joined this group to learn more and foster good relations
          > with churches of the east with which my church share a common apostolic
          > succession and heritage. Within the Catholic communion, I am an advocate
          of
          > grater autonomy of the eastern churches from Rome.
          >
          > As I received the first messages from this list after I subscribed, I cant
          > help but notice several mention of the phrase "TOTUS TUUS MARIA". I am
          very
          > surprised since this is the motto of the Bishop and Patriarch of Rome,
          Pope
          > John Paul II. This man has done more to foster good relations among
          > apostolic churches.
          >

          > May the risen Lord bless you all!
          >
          > Paolo

        • BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
            From the desk of:
            ( Vayaliparambil Pynadath ) BPM
            BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW M
            B.E.(CSE)

            Gentlemen:

            So long as the 'Knight of Jacoob Baraedius' knows
            difference between church previlages and means of salvation,
            so long as he is a 'Christian first and a Syrian Orthodox
            second', I dont find any fault with this man.it is better
            to express opinions than suppress it otherwise it may end
            in uncontrollable emotional outbust of Physical action.

            In the wake of many accusations and heated words of exchange,
            I like to remind all,that we have a great home work to do,let
            litigation and concerned legal matters proceed on one end, on
            the other hand simultaneosly we have to do many constructive work
            like service to society/charity works,(let leaders form special
            commitee for this if my suggestion is acceptable) also we have to
            be more professional in church management;including training and
            selection of priest,bishops, youth movement...we have to impose
            disciple and everything should be in order.

            our progress we have to measure by our spiritual, intellectual,
            and charitable service/contributions to humanity(the week and
            suffering) as christians first and genuine Syrian Orthodox
            secondly.We should have a vision,where there is no vision the
            people perish.We should not bicker over trivial issues, but
            fight boldly for noble causes.We have to examine if there is
            anything wrong on our side and correct it to prevent further
            repeatation of managerial defects/style of functioning etc... if any.

            To the Catholic Gentleman from Philippines, joined forum recently,
            my message is dear Mr. Pauolo G.

            " there will be heated debates in some topics as a grassroot
            level debate, hope you will tolerate it as part of life and as
            a man of understanding, as problems are there everywhere.You are
            most welcome to the forum as scion of St.Peter's church, Patriarch;
            St.Peter being the founder of both Syrian Orthodox and Roman Catholic (Apostolic) churches."

            God bless the church and all his chosen ones.

            With regards,
            Bibu Philip Matthew
            Vayaliparambil Pynadath.