Saint Ephrem's Hymns on Fasting- Hymns- 3.- 1: 04

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 3366 , Mar 4, 2005
      The Fast And the Temptation of the Lord 1:04

      This is the fast through which greed escapes
      The peoples at the top of the mountain ; clothed in fasting he
      overcame the Greedy One.
      Who had clothed himself with the food of Adam's house.
      The Lord of Victories gave us his weapon, he ascended on high to be
      an observer.
      Who would not run to the weapon by which God overcame
      It is a shameful thing, my brothers, to be bested by the weapon
      Which overcomes and causes to overcome all creation.

      Res:
      Blessed is the King who adorned the Holy Church with Fasting, Prayer
      and Vigil.

      Posted By
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      St. George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Cheppaud
      Member Id # 0001
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3366 of 3366 , Jul 1
        Dear honorable members