CHINA: Executed for Distributing Bibles

  • Joseph Yosuk Lee
    Message 1 of 3351 , Mar 3, 2005
      CHINA: Executed for Distributing Bibles
      Brought to you by The Voice of the Martyrs

      When 34-year old Jiang Zongxiu went to her neighboring market last June in Guizhou Province, China. Along with her mother-in-law, Jiang went through the marketplace, taking opportunities to hand out Bibles and Christian literature and telling people about Jesus. Only this day they had an encounter with the
      Chinese police.

      The two Christian women were handcuffed together and brought to the police station. They were interrogated throughout the evening of the 17th. The next morning they were sentenced by the Public Security Bureau (PSB) to 15 days incarceration for "suspected spreading of rumor and disturbing the social order."

      Jiang and her mother-in-law knew the risk of spreading Christian literature in communist China. Both had been active in their church for more than 10 years and dared to go forth. Even when they were arrested, interrogated and
      sentenced to serve 15 days, they were willing to accept the consequences of their actions—all from a government that claims to have "freedom of religion."

      But it was not enough for the PSB to arrest and beat these two Christian women for the crime of passing our Christian literature. In the afternoon of June 18th, Mrs. Jiang Zongziu was pronounced dead by the PSB office of Tongzi County. They claimed she died of "natural causes." The fact is she was beaten to death.

      The Voice of the Martyrs has received video testimony from the surviving family, photos of Jiang body showing her bruised body, and a copy of the actual arrest document. All of this had to be smuggled out of China as the
      authorities continue to attempt to hide their systematic persecution of Christians. An international campaign is now under way on behalf of the surviving family.

      Much of the world would like you to believe Christians are no longer persecuted. Sister Jiang's family would disagree. Now you can stay informed of what is really happening to your Christian brothers and sisters in countries like China and even discover practical ways to help, with a FREE
      subscription to The Voice of the Martyrs monthly newsletter.

      Click here to receive your FREE subscription to The Voice of the Martyrs award-winning newsletter.
      http://www.persecution.com

      Joseph Yosuk Lee
      Member ID # 0944
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com