Saint Ephrem's Hymns on Fasting- Hymns- 2- 1: 06

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 3351 , Feb 23, 2005
      The Fast Purifies the Eye of the Soul to See God 1:06

      This is the instructive fast, it teaches the athlete the ways of the
      contest.
      Draw near to it, study, learn to struggle shrewdly.
      Behold he instructed us to fast with our mouths and hearts,
      Let us not fast from bread and think thoughts
      In which the hidden poison of death is hidden.
      Let us confess on the fast day the First Born
      Who gave us the word of life to meditate on.

      Res:
      Blessed is the King who adorned the Holy Church with Fasting, Prayer
      and Vigil.

      Posted By
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      St. George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Cheappud
      Member Id # 0001
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3351 of 3351 , Apr 1 4:38 AM
        Dear honorable members