Saint Ephrem's Hymns on Fasting- Hymns-1.2

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 3364 , Feb 8, 2005
      This is the fast which exalts; which appeared from the First Born
      So as to extol the younger ones. There is occasion for delight for
      the discerning ones in fasting;
      When one sees how much he has grown. Fasting secretly purifies the
      soul
      So it can gaze on God and grow by the vision of Him.
      For the weight that is from the earth, bends it back to the earth.
      Blessed is he who gave us fasts,
      The sheer wings by which we fly to him.

      Source: Beck's original CSCO edition and a transliteration of the
      entire Syriac

      Posted by:
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      St. George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Cheppaud
      http://groups.msn.com/StGeorgeSyrianOrthodoxChurchCheppaud
      Member ID # 0001
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3364 of 3364 , May 1 5:25 AM