An American Rant - part 3
- My boss told me, he was exposed to drug ( pot) when he was in 6th grade. This was some 30 years back. Imagine the situation now. Most of our kids are exposed to some kind of addiction much before we all imagine.
Yesterday a 4th grade student recovered $100,000 from an elemetry schoo premises which was drug money.
What is worrying is children are exposed to smoke, drink, drugs, and sex at a very young age before they realize what they are getting into. What causes this ?
1) Parents have no power over thier kids. It is not power to punish. But power to influence and guide. This needs time, patience and love.When you are greedy for money, who cares all this?
2) Christian upbringing. Strong fear of Lord will prevent kids from sayinng no to all this. But 90% of homes have no prayers of any kind.
3) Bringing up kids is a big commitment and lot of labour. Many couples go into marriage with out realizing this and want to escape. But kids will suffer.
4) TV. people stopped parying ever since TV became popular. All the shows are injecting some message "it is ok not to pray".
There could be other things we could do, to escape from this mess. I am not sure USA can be Chritian country ever.
Holy Bible is full of incidences when Isralites had wealth, they forgot God and suffered.
It is in this context that President George Bush won the election. Many people in Gulf and India asked me how could this happen. Some here realize that there is a Moral issue here. and "Bush promised some fix to it. And people voted for him.
But sad part is with in a generation who is about 50's now, this defence could be gone too. Let us pray for Lord's work on this.
Let us all work for bringing awareness of basic Christian principles for into our kids. There is a saying in Mal that good characher is better than 1000 karat Gold. In modern world it could a good character child is better than million doller or a big home ...
ST. Ignatious SOC
Member ID 901
- Dear honorable members
Greetings in HIS name
To keep the forum debate's authenticity, we the moderators of this forum, have decided to implement a new guideline.
As per the new guideline from 26th of October 2004, we will not publish any messages without proper signature. Your signature should contain full name, family name, home parish, present parish attending along with proper references like that of the parish priest's; name, e mail address and telephone number, where we can verify the genuineness of the e mails.
After the verification of your identity, we will provide a member ID Number which can be used as your signature for future postings and by member ID numbers we can verify your mails. However, If you want your name to be withheld from the messages published, we will comply to your request and then only the ID number will be published.
These personal contact details will be stored in our database and will not be published in the forum.
However, if you are hesitant to reveal the name and identity, you can still be a member of the forum and get the daily digests in your e-mail id supplied, if you wish so.
This new guideline is applicable to all members, regardless of their Christian denomination.
We hope our members will appreciate it and cooperate with us.
Be with us and be part of us.
In Our Lords Love
For & on behalf of
Chev. Thomas Daniel (Reji)
St.George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church
Cheppaud, Alleppy Dist, Kerala, India.