- My boss told me, he was exposed to drug ( pot) when he was in 6th grade. This was some 30 years back. Imagine the situation now. Most of our kids are exposedMessage 1 of 3350 , Jan 29, 2005View SourceMy boss told me, he was exposed to drug ( pot) when he was in 6th grade. This was some 30 years back. Imagine the situation now. Most of our kids are exposed to some kind of addiction much before we all imagine.
Yesterday a 4th grade student recovered $100,000 from an elemetry schoo premises which was drug money.
What is worrying is children are exposed to smoke, drink, drugs, and sex at a very young age before they realize what they are getting into. What causes this ?
1) Parents have no power over thier kids. It is not power to punish. But power to influence and guide. This needs time, patience and love.When you are greedy for money, who cares all this?
2) Christian upbringing. Strong fear of Lord will prevent kids from sayinng no to all this. But 90% of homes have no prayers of any kind.
3) Bringing up kids is a big commitment and lot of labour. Many couples go into marriage with out realizing this and want to escape. But kids will suffer.
4) TV. people stopped parying ever since TV became popular. All the shows are injecting some message "it is ok not to pray".
There could be other things we could do, to escape from this mess. I am not sure USA can be Chritian country ever.
Holy Bible is full of incidences when Isralites had wealth, they forgot God and suffered.
It is in this context that President George Bush won the election. Many people in Gulf and India asked me how could this happen. Some here realize that there is a Moral issue here. and "Bush promised some fix to it. And people voted for him.
But sad part is with in a generation who is about 50's now, this defence could be gone too. Let us pray for Lord's work on this.
Let us all work for bringing awareness of basic Christian principles for into our kids. There is a saying in Mal that good characher is better than 1000 karat Gold. In modern world it could a good character child is better than million doller or a big home ...
ST. Ignatious SOC
Member ID 901
- Dear Sir, Thanks for the reply and I appreciate that. Nevertheless, I would like to point out few things for your information and kind consideration. (1) Yes,Message 3350 of 3350 , Mar 8 9:35 PMView SourceDear Sir,Thanks for the reply and I appreciate that. Nevertheless, I would like to point out few things for your information and kind consideration.(1) Yes, It is noticed that the calendar is made by Samajam, but let me reiterate its a Church Calendar. I had pointed out this to Mr. Daniel, who made this a year back, but unfortunately I got the reply that this is to be used for Saudi Arabia. I don't think any one in Saudi Arabia use Church Calendar in their offices. Further, if its for Saudi Arabia, that shpuld be with Samajam members and wellwishers, it should not appear in jacobite online's website. Am I making sense?(2) Even our local church calendar in Kerala often makes this mistakes, as they put these dates in Calendars, I believe. How can we justify that, if so.(3) Communal harmony is well and good, but that should not get in to a level which dilutes the basic faith (when I say faith means, its Christian Faith, not church/ community) we adhere to.As a person, I'm so weak and cannot take it to higher hierarchy, but you can.Once again thanks for your reply and I hope my points are clear to you now.RegardsShibu MATHEWID number is 4595
On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Shibu Mathew <shibmat@...> wrote:Hello,
It has been noticed for the past couple of years hat the Church Calendar highlights the 'Hijra' dates along with the Gregorian date. Basically there is nothing harmful in first shot, but there is a damage behind that.Hijra year is basically the year Muslims calculate as the year when they received Quran to them. My question, Are we Christians accept and acknowledge the same?St. Pauls says to Galatians 1: 9 "As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."Keeping this in mind; how do we highlight Hijri year? Let normal calendar carry it for business reasons, but Church Calendar shall not...Please express yourself with comments....Rgds
Shibu MATHEWID number is 4595---------------------From the desk of moderatorsThis calender was prepared and distributed by our congregation (SAMJAM) in Saudi Arabia. For their own reasons they included the "Hijra" dates.