Interpretation of the Holy Bible - St. Matthew : Chapter 6 - lesson 40

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2005
      Verse 6:13"And do not lead us into temptation"
      There are two Aramaic word `nesyono' (=testing) and `nesyoono' (= to
      test). The word `test' is used to mean `attracted to
      unrighteousness'. There are various versus in the Holy Scriptures
      that show different aspects of trial. "God don't tempt anyone; but
      each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away
      and enticed"(James 1; 13). The greed for money is a course of trials.
      "People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and
      into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and
      destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil"
      (1 Timothy 6:9-10) the source of this is from the devil (Tempter)
      (Matthew 4:3; 1 Tess 3:5; Genesis 3:1-5)
      "The trial to examine the faith" (1 Peter 1:7) and "trial for the
      fear of God" can all be shielded by God's power and prayer.
      (Matthew 26:41). Many faithful suffer because of trials (1 Peter
      1:6). "But God is faithful; He will not suffer you to be tempted
      beyond that which you are able to bear, but with the temptation will
      also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it." ( 1
      Cori 10:13). He will keep you safe in the time of testing. (Rev
      We fall into temptation because of our weak body (flesh). (Mat
      26:41). Devil continuously looks for an opportunity to tempt us. We
      should remember this always and stand firm in the faith. (Eph 6:16;
      1 Peter 5:9) and always walk away from the path of the wicked (evil)
      (Proverbs 4:14-15). God will bless you, if you don't give up when
      your faith is being tested. (James 1:2-4, 12)
      Always pray for God's help for not falling into temptations. Keep
      away from evil wicked things (people, book, TV, radio etc).
      [ Also read proverbs 6:34; 14:17,29,; 15:1,18; 16:14;16:32; 19:11;
      19:19;21:14; 22:24,25;24:17,18; 27:4; 29:8; 29:22; 20:33 ;
      Ephesians 3:8]
      From the Desk of the Moderators

      This is based on the interpretation of Kaniyamparmabil achan. We withheld
      the name of the member who posts this message as per his request.