Re: Weaaring of Bindi (Pottu) by our girls and ladies.

  • Kuriakose George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2005
      Dear All,

      Siorry I could not complete my question?

      Detailed information provided by Mr. Jose Kurian Puliyeril regarding wearing "Pottu" was very informative. However I would like to know the what are teaching on.

      - Girls who are participating on Indian classical dances like Bharatanatyam.
      Mohiniattam. ( most of these arts are being based on Hindu culture and mythology). To learn they have to bow head to the Guru ( teacher), ganesh, nataraja etc.

      - Are we allowed to learn Sanskrit ( Hindu religious God language) and Arabic ( H Quran ) language. In India CBSE cariculam most of the students opting sankrit as second language for easy learning. in my childhood my Ashan ( teacher ) tried to teach me some sankrit slokas, I have to discontinue the subject study due to objection from my parents based on Orthodox thinkining

      - Do we think that the vidya Arambham ( beginning of study) can be done any day. Because recent years some X an church at Kerala rushed to see this occasion with hindu calender.

      - A person wants to learn music have to praise Godess sarawati.

      - A person want to learn Martial art to bow with some God idol.

      Earlier days few church members were interested full time in above areas. In the changing world may be some young generation wants to persue the above actively on full time basis.

      Kuriakose George
      St. Mary�s JOC Marady
      St. JOC MV-III, New Delhi
      Member ID 0893

      PS: These questions are asked to know the teaching of our church not to pin point/ to show disrespect any religion/culture.