Spiritual Words. Announcement

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2005
      "Let us first consider what peace is. Surely it is nothing else but a loving disposition towards one's neighbour. But what is held to be the opposite of love? It is hate and wrath, anger and envy, harbouring resentment as well as hypocrisy and the calamity of war. Do you see for how many different diseases this single word is an antidote? For peace is equally opposed to every one of the things mentioned, and wipes out these evils by its own presence. Just as
      illness vanishes when health supervenes, and as no darkness is left when light begins to shine, so also when peace appears, all the passions connected with its opposite are eliminated."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.
      "For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. Oh, continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You, And Your righteousness to the upright in heart." Psalms 36:9-10
      A Silent Vigil will be held in Jersey City at the Armanious house (85 Oakland Avenue) this Saturday, January 29, 2005 at 7:00PM Sharp. Candles, pictures, and messages of peace are welcome. Please remember that this is a silent vigil. Although the media will be present, we graciously ask that NO ONE speak, regardless of what is said or asked. All we can say is that we are here to pray and be silent. Please let us represent our community with dignity and make this statement as powerful as it can be.