Interpretation of the Holy Bible - St. Matthew : Chapter 6 - lesson 36

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2005
      6:9 Hallowed be your name"
      Tethullain (AD 150-222) has said that " We when pray this, we
      should think that we have to glorify His name on us who is in Him
      and also glorify His name in others too. We should be aware of
      our "desire " to consecrate His name all over the world and about
      our " responsibilities " in getting it done. "
      Father's name should be glorified through us. (John 15:8), you
      should cause God's name to be blasphemed among the Gentiles because
      of you (Romans 2:24)
      At any situations glorify God.( Job ) When our lifestyle and faith
      are Christian, then God's name will be glorified.
      We glorify His name by
      1. When we die for God (John 21:19;Heb 2:9 ).
      2. Witnessing Christ ( John 15:4-8; 2 Cor 9:13; 1 Peter 2:12;
      3. being insulted (suffer) for God (1 Peter 4:14)
      [ Read 1 Cori 10:31 ; James 3:10; Ecclesiasticus 43:30; 1
      Corinthians 6:13]
      Let us glorify God's name. "Therefore glorify God in your body." (1
      Cori 6:20). Keep it in mind also that not glorifying God is
      punishable (Malachi 2:2; Acts 12:23; Romans 1:21). King David, St.
      Mary, Angles, shepherds, paralytic crippled woman, leper, the blind
      man, the centurion, Jerusalem church (Acts 11; 18) and gentiles of
      Antioch all glorified God's name. ( Acts 13:48)
      From the Desk of the Moderators
      This is based on the interpretation of Kaniyamparmabil achan. We withheld
      the name of the member who posts this message as per his request.