Interpretation of the Holy Bible - St. Matthew : Chapter 5 - lesson 28

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 3366 , Jan 10, 2005
      Give to who ask you

      Verse 5:42 "Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from
      the one who wants to borrow from you"
      ( Also Refer Due 15:7-11; Luke 6:34; 1 Tim 6:18)
      Our Lord shows giving as a dignified Christian character. But we
      have to keeps some things in mind
      a. It is not "give" if you please. It is mandatory. It is "You
      have to give
      b. Even thought giving is for the helplessness of the person,
      giving should really by " seeing Christ" in that person
      c. The giving is for the poor (Isaiah 58:7) (Luke 12:33
      d. It should for preaching of the gospel (Philippians 4:14-16),
      And should be given "willingly with his heart" (Exodus 25:2,2) (KJV)
      It should not be for to be seen or to be admired (Matthew 6:1-3)
      e. We should give to one who begs. Because we do not know if we
      would not beg from him tomorrow.
      f. We should understand the need of the one who begs and donate.
      g. The giving should hearten the giver to improve the character.
      h. The poverty might have been the result of laziness (Proverbs
      15:7) or walking in the ways of perverse (crooked) or being drunkard
      and the glutton (Proverbs 23:21). But still we should give to help
      liberate them from their poverty.
      i. Do not reject (or be hard-hearted) to the poor (Duet 15:7);
      do not discriminate against a poor (James 2:2-4); defend them,
      deliver them (Levi 25:35; Matthew 19:21; Psalm 82:3,4)
      j. In NT Many helped the poor very generically. Zacchaeus,
      (Luke 19:8); St. Peter and St. John (Acts 3:6), Tabitha (9:36-39);
      Cornelius (Acts 10:2), the early church at Antioch ( Acts 11:29,30).
      k. Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart;
      then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your
      work and in everything you put your hand to. (Duet 15:10; Psalm
      41:1, Acts 20:35).
      From the Desk of the Moderators

      This is based on the interpretation of Kaniyamparmabil achan. We withheld
      the name of the member who posts this message as per his request
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3366 of 3366 , Jul 1 5:33 AM
        Dear honorable members

        Greetings in HIS name