Interpretation of the Holy Bible - St. Matthew : Chapter 5 - lesson 18

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 3388 , Dec 28, 2004
      Verse : 18: �I say to you , until heaven and earth passes away, One iota or
      one letter shall not pass from the law, until all shall be fulfilled.�

      The Law referred is not the scribes law, we just described. The Holy Church
      teaches that the old Law ( of Moses ) was the image of the new Law ( by Lord
      ) and New one is the completion of the Old Testament. We say fulfillment,
      it means, giving the essence of the Law to the world.

      Our Lord summarized the essence of 10 Laws into two. What we understand
      from His words is like this. 1) Devotion (passion, to God and His Name and
      to His day). 2) Devotion to ones parents. Respect to life, to persons, to
      objects, to the truth. We should be indebted to ourselves by keeping away
      from the adulterous thoughts. Righteousness means fulfillment of our duty to
      God and human.
      From the Desk of the Moderators

      This is based on the interpretation of Kaniyamparmabil achan. We withheld
      the name of the member who posts this message as per his request.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3388 of 3388 , Apr 30
        Dear honorable members

        Greetings in HIS name