- Matthew 5:16 : ����� Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works,����� The same Lord who instructed not to do anything to show off inMessage 1 of 3349 , Dec 28, 2004View SourceMatthew 5:16 : � Let your light shine before men, that they may see your
The same Lord who instructed not to do anything to show off in front of
others instructs us to show them our good works.
This is because � � is self praise, but here the
objective is to �may glorify your Father who is in heaven.�
How can be glorifying God?
1) By offering the praise (Psalm 50:23 KJV)
2) Do all things for the glory of God (I Cory 10:31)
3) By dying for him (John 21:19)
4) For suffering for the Lord (1 Peter 4:14-16)
5) Fcszc (John 5:8) � I am not sure (!!!!!!!)
6) Glorify God in your body, and in your spirit (1 Corinthians 6:20)
From the Desk of the Moderators
This is based on the interpretation of Kaniyamparmabil achan. We withheld
the name of the member who posts this message as per his request
- Hello, It has been noticed for the past couple of years hat the Church Calendar highlights the Hijra dates along with the Gregorian date. Basically there isMessage 3349 of 3349 , Mar 1 9:47 AMView SourceHello,
It has been noticed for the past couple of years hat the Church Calendar highlights the 'Hijra' dates along with the Gregorian date. Basically there is nothing harmful in first shot, but there is a damage behind that.Hijra year is basically the year Muslims calculate as the year when they received Quran to them. My question, Are we Christians accept and acknowledge the same?St. Pauls says to Galatians 1: 9 "As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."Keeping this in mind; how do we highlight Hijri year? Let normal calendar carry it for business reasons, but Church Calendar shall not...Please express yourself with comments....Rgds
Shibu MATHEWID number is 4595---------------------From the desk of moderatorsThis calender was prepared and distributed by our congregation (SAMJAM) in Saudi Arabia. For their own reasons they included the "Hijra" dates.