Some church practices questioned - Part 4

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 3364 , Nov 28, 2004
      Here is HH exhorts

      " Again I exhort to you in love that I have heard that there is splits and arguments among you and has beome degraded.( degenrated). I dont know who cheated you. But I pray to God to destroy completely whoever cheated you. I have heard that some among you is saying "I am with Patriarch and Dynacious" and some other as " I am with Balayam etc". But what apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians has been true to your acts.

      "What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas "; still another, "I follow Christ."

      Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? 14I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel--not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." ( 1 Cori 1:12-18)

      Regards
      Paul Philipose
      St. Ignatious Syrian Orthodox Chruch
      Dallas