Some church practices questioned - Part 3

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 3362 , Nov 28, 2004
      Our Priests.- How shoud they be?
      =================================

      Here is the guide lines by HH Ignatious Peter 111.

      If the priests of a parish are jelous and divided, then they and their parish will be perish. Because their lent, or prayer or Holy Qurbana or charity is will not be received by LORD GOD. Thier enemies will win over them. They will be ahamed.

      The priest should not be lacking anything in his character. He should be self disciplined, organized, and should never lift his hands for beating, humble and not quarrelsome and not greedy for money and one who guide God's church in goodness. He should guide his spiritual sons in all purity and obedience. He should be God fearing , straight forward and should win his as well as his
      people's soul. He is the leader of the people who Lord came this world to save. Apostle Paul has said all this.

      The priest should be peaceloving and loving. Lord has appointed a priest a guard for His people. So you have to all that a sinner will die in sins. And if he turns away from sins to spiritual matters then his soul will be saved.

      If a priest is lazy or jelous in spiritual matters, then he will be held accountable by LORD and will be condemned.

      A priest should teach with awarness and teach in Holy Spirit all people including kings or lords to turn them all to truth. For this they should praise Lord, pray to God and adore God.

      Note: This is taken from Apostolic Bull of HH Ignatious Peter 111 written in later 19th century. This was wirttin in old Malayalam and i had a hard time in understanding it. If any one understood this better OR if any one want to add to this, please write.

      regards

      Paul Philipose
      St. Ignatious Syrian Orthodox Chruch
      Dallas