SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 9

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 3351 , Nov 23, 2004
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH - PART 9

      HH Moran Patriarch Ignatius Aphrem I

      Mar Aprem Severios Metrapolitan of Beirut Lebanon Arch- Diocese was elected unanimously by the Holy Synod as the illustrious predecessor on 16th Makarom 1933 and the Installation was on the 30th of the same month.

      While going through the ancient, manuscripts at the Patriarchate in Homs, Syria, the Holy Father learnt that inside the main altar of the St Mary's church at Homs, the holy girdle used by the mother of god was preserved. It was taken out and its antiquity was certified by eminent archeologists and scholars after minute tests.

      PEACE TALKS

      The Catholicos Mor Baselios Geevarghese II along with the patriarchal delegate Mor Julios presented before the Patriarch and on 21st September it was decided that autonomy under the Catholicos would be granted to Malankara and also that the consecration by Mar Abdul Massih was invalid. To be brief the peace talks failed. The Holy Father by His Kalpana of 27 Kanni, 1934 informed the Malankara Church the decisions taken by the Holy Synod.

      Source:-
      Church History written by Most Rev Malankara Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      Posted by
      Dipu George
      St George Simhasana Church, Tiruvalla
      Member ID # 0174