SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 7

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2004
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH- PART 7

      On Saturday the Holy Father offered H Qurbana at St Stephen church in Manjanikkara and during the sermon He said " We came to India with the sole purpose of ushering peace and open the Door of Peace but sorry, all Our efforts were in vain. We doubt whether there would dawn a day of peace!. We are extremely unhappy to see one of Our own limbs, is being lost!! Our heart is breaking �.We would never forget your loyalty to the Holy See. We are confident that We would be with Our lord in His majestic second coming; May God bless you all and your families".

      At 2.30 the same day 13th Feb 1932, the Living Saint passed away to His Heavenly Abode and thus came to pass His prophecy to Fr Kuriakose � " Do you want Our bones too? " when the latter had requested the Holy Father to stay there for some more days!

      Vattasseril Dionysius was quick in coming over to Manjanikkara with the demand that the Patriarch's body should be entombed in the Kottayam Seminary church! The faithful rejected this demand of Dionysius who had not, while the Patriarch was alive, even once invited the Holy Father to the Seminary.

      With lamentations and tears all the metropolitans, priests and tens of thousands of His faithful children, the Saints body was interred in Manjanikkara where miracles began from the 40th day of demise and continue to this day. On His commemoration day every year, old and young of all ranks � irrespective of caste or denomination � in holy pilgrimage walk hundred of miles to the Holy Father's tomb in Manjanikkara.

      Had Vattasseril Dionysius envisaged a peaceful and progressive Malankara church and had he half the zeal of Moran Patriarch for making peace, how blessed the Church would have been. Vattasseril Dionysius justified and his partisans (the metran kakshis) justify the stand they had taken, but it was the Church that lost everything great!

      Some proposed to wipe off the Antioch � Malankara relations but the Omniscient proposed to cement it firmly for ever so long as the sun and the moon exist!!.

      Manjanikkara in Malankara alone has the conspicuous honorable position in the whole Christendom as being the only place except the Middle East where a Patriarch of Antioch, the successor of St Peter the Supreme Head of the Syrian church is entombed!!!.

      Source:-
      Church History written by Most Rev Malankara Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      Aloho Ahmuch
      Dipu George
      St George Simhasana Church, Tiruvalla
      Member ID # 0174