SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 6

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2004
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH- PART 6

      Moran Patriarch Ignatius Elias III in Malankara.

      On the 10th Meenam the excommunicated Vattasseril Dionysius presented himself before the Holy Father at Trikunnathu seminary Alwaye. The saintly Patriarch believing that Mar Dionysius was sincere cancelled the interdict upon him and thus a new era of hope was ushered in.

      "Well begun is half done". The Holy Father many a time called Vattasseril Dionysius to Alwaye and was ready to grant complete autonomy for the Malankara church for its peace and progress. Talks continued at Panampady church where the Holy Father spent most of His days in Malankara although He had extensive visits of churches in the north and south.

      Though Vattasseril Dionysius seemed submissive he was adamant in his stand that the Catholicos and his bishops should be accepted unconditionally which was, according to the canons of the Church, impossible.

      The Holy Father "extensive tours and His mental agony and dismay caused by Vattasseril Dionysius" obstinacy weakened Him physically and mentally and at Kolenchery He had a mild heart attack.

      At Panampady the Holy Father had prolonged discussions with Vattasseril Dionysius. At one time His Holiness with deep sorrow said to the non-relenting Dionysius "you have spent your days in argument and in argument you will pass away".

      While at Kattapuram Church Tiruvalla (where Kanyamparambil Achen served for 25 years) His Holiness wrote to Jerusalem: The only factor that consoles Us in our suffering is the perfect love and reverence heaped on Us by Our faithful children who are proud of their having the Supremacy of the Apostolic
      Throne of Antioch. Our beloved children here are fully aware that they are the
      fruits of the tree watered by the blood of the Holy Fathers who from early times visited them and enlightened them through divine teaching, who suffered and died for them but there remains a party with a rebellious spirit which rejects Our readiness to forgo many of the lawful rights of the Holy Throne in order to bring back Metropolitan Geevarghese and others

      Contd..... Part 7

      Source:-
      Church History written by Most Rev Malankara Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      Posted by
      Dipu George
      St George Simhasana Church, Tiruvalla
      Member ID # 0174