Interpretation of the Holy Bible - St. Matthew : Chapter 5 - lesson 2
- Interpretation of the Holy Bible - St. Matthew : Chapter 5 - lesson 2
Many of the parts of the sermon in St. Matthew�s can be seen in St. Luke also. St. Matthew has 107 versus on this, while Luke has 30 versus. But another 34 versus are in other parts of St. Luke�s epistle. So 64 versus are common between two epistles. The night before this preaching Jesus Christ spent praying to God. (Luke 6:12). This teaching of Mount sermon consists of
1. Rules of His kingdom.
2. Principles of Christian living
3. And how they characterized in the life of our Lord.
4. He showed that both the literal breaking of the Law and even the thought process that leads to the breaking of the Law, also, was wrong.
5. Jesus - the new Moses - gave a new commandment to the people, which was the fullness of the Laws given by God to Moses at Mount Sinai.
6. This sermon was the continuation of the teachings about the Kingdom of God which started at Matthew 4:17; and 4:23.
7. Gives emphasis to Happiness, hope, love and humility (simplicity).
This sermon can be divided into 4 sections
1. Who is blessed? (Mat 5:3-12)
2. Jesus wants His disciples (followers ) to display their discipleship. Their relation to this world should like salt and light. ( which is explained )
3. Relation ship of His this new teaching to Laws and prophesies
4. The practical suggestions for righteousness for the people of his kingdom as opposed to the righteousness of Pharisees and scribes. (Mat 6:1-7,27
From the Desk of the Moderators
This is based on the interpretation of Kaniyamparmabil achan. We withheld the name of the member who posts this message as per his request.