Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      "For many people mourning paved the way for blessed dispassion. It worked over, ploughed, and got rid of what was sinful. Someone well practiced in this said to me: 'Very often when I was tempted to be vain, angry, or gluttonous, the thought of mourning within me would protest: 'Do not be vain or else I shall abandon you.' The same thing happened when other passions troubled me. I would declare: 'I shall never disobey you until you present me to Christ.'"

      St. John Climacus.
      "Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving." Colossians 4:2