SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 3

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2004
      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      Mar Dionysus to Mardin

      Mar Dionysius reaching Mardin submitted before Patriarch Elias III a joint letter signed along with his three metropolitans (all consecrated by the deposed Abdul Massih).

      The letter reveals their feelings regarding their consecration. After salutations and relating the events which took place during the visit of the Adorable and Holy Patriarch Abde daloho, they proceeded: "Since the venerable Aboon Mor Dionysius coming to your Holiness presence will inform you of all things in detail we will not dwell on it longer.

      O Holy Noble Moran, none of us have risen against the Venerable Throne or your High Priesthood or our Orthodox Faith. We know and accept your Holiness alone as the High Priest of the exalted Throne of Antioch as the pride of our community and as our Great.

      Head. We tender our obedience to your holy commands. We pray to the Grace in you that we may be accepted as your children, that orders of blessings and acceptance may be issued after canceling the interdict pronounced by your predecessor and that everything necessary to ensure peace in the Malankara Church may be done (10 Edavom 1923)".

      It was with the intention to get his excommunication cancelled that Mor Dionysius went to Mardin so as to draw the interest on the Sabha Trust Fund. In the meantime the same Vattasseril Dionysius had applied for a copy of the judgment with a view to submit a review petition!!!.

      Contd... Part 4

      Source:-
      Church History written by Most Rev Malankara Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      Posted by
      Dipu George
      St George Simhasana Church, Tiruvalla
      Member ID # 0174