Day of Remembrance - Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono - November 28

  • Moderators-SOCM Forum
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2004
      Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono(Jacob Baradeus)

      Today, We celebrate the remembrance of the Holy Father, Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono, celebrity of Edessa, one among the real chief of the Syrian Church (A few centuries later, adversaries labeled the Syrian Orthodox Church `Jacobite' after St. Jacob Baradeus).

      According to our Malankara Church Calendar, we do celebrate the feast day of the Holy Father on November 28th. The feast date according to Patrirach Aphrem Barsoum's Scattered Pearls, the Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church and Patriarch Zakka I's encyclical of Feb 12, 2000 are all July 30th.

      Biography of the saint
      http://sor.cua.edu/Personage/Qadishe/MYacqubBurdcono.html

      Encyclical from Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka I on the 1500th anniversary of birth of Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono
      http://sor.cua.edu/Personage/Qadishe/MYacqubBurdcono.html

      Let us pray:

      O holy Father Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono, intercede with our merciful God to help our church walk through the odds and grant peace to its faithful

      In his intersection
      Forum Moderators
      SOCM-FORUM