CREATIVE LIVING - Part 2

  • Rev. Fr. Shyjan Kuriakose Sulthan Bathery
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2004
      CREATIVE LIVING - PART 2

      In fact, the foundation stones for the full life of a person is being laid in the childhood. If the foundation and basement shakes, the whole building might be fall down. How should a child grown? We see about the growth of our Lord Jesus Christ in St: Luke 2:40:

      "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him"

      we can see four stages in this growth: (1) Physical Growth, (2) Spiritual Growth, (3) Human Knowledge and (4) The blessings from God. All these four stages are co-related.

      Mr. J.B. Watson (a famous psychologist) once told, "Give me an infant after a few days of its nativity, I can make him a 'robber' or a 'political leader' or a 'priest' or a 'scientist". This means each child should get the proper grooming or the grooming makes a child's future.

      Children are like water. The color added to it will become the color of the water. Fresh water will have fish resources, but what if that water is polluted and poisionus? Who is poisioning a child, who should be groomed to become a creative and active child? This subject needs a self study.

      The following 5 things are necessary for a creative life:

      (1) Perfect Character, (2) Power of Desire, (3) Better Targets, (4) Self Confidence and (5) Knowledge.

      1. CHARACTER

      The most important factor of a person is his (good) Character. Own attitude is called 'Character' and it is the mirror, which reflects his own life.

      "If wealth is lost, nothing is lost
      If health is lost, something is lost and
      If character is lost, everything is lost"

      - this is a very famous and rightful English Proverb.

      Why do we earn education? It is for the edification of our Character! For the cultural beatification of own character!! But do today's education gives us this opportunity? We have to analyze.

      Remember "Knowledge without character is an evil". When our character refines, we become more open hearted.

      " Oru Kanneer-kkanam mattullavar-kaay pozhickave
      Udickkayaanen Aatmaavil-aayiram saura mandapam
      Oru punchiri njaan mattullavar-kaay chilavakkave
      Hrudayathi-lulaavunnu nithya nirmala paurnami "

      Contd ..... Part 3

      Translation of a Malayalam Article of mine

      Fr. Shyjan Kuriakose - Sulthan Bathery,
      Vicar, St. Peter's J.S.O.Church - Bahrain.
      Member ID # 0948