Malankara Sabha News

  • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 17, 2002
    • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 19, 2002

        Download cricket Yahoo! Score Tracker for live cricket scores on your desktop
      • Thomas Daniel
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 19, 2002
          Announcement
          Beth Mardutho The Syriac Institute Joins�Amazon.com to Market Books on Syriac Studies
          Piscataway, NJ - March 14, 2002. Today, Beth Mardutho The Syriac Institute announced that it joined Amazon.com Associates to help further disseminate�books in the field of Syriac studies through its web site www.bethmardutho.org. Amazon.com is the largest book retailer�on the Internet. Every time a visitor visits�www.bethmardutho.org�home page, a listing of books available from Amazon.com is dynamically generated and linked to Amazon.com. Additionally, all other pages�on the www.bethmardutho.org site give�a selection of one book on the top-right corner, and a selection of two other books at the bottom.
          For each product purchased from�Amazon.com through a link from www.bethmardutho.org, Beth Mardutho�earns�between 5% and 15% of the sale price. The proceeds will be used to help implement Beth Mardutho's eBeth Ark Project, announced last year, as well as other projects. The eBeth Ark Project aims at digitizing hundreds of books in the field of Syriac studies and making them available through the Internet in what will be the largest eLibrary in this field. The project is being led by Beth Mardutho in association with a number of prestigious university libraries including Brigham Young University, Brown University, The Catholic University of America, Duke University, Harvard's Dumbarton Oak's Library, Princeton Theological Seminary, and the Asia Pacific Theological Seminary. Direct donations towards the eBeth Ark Project are being accepted on www.bethmardutho.org (click on Gifts Online).
          Beth Mardutho asks its patrons to use the links on www.bethmardutho.org for all their future visits to Amazon.com,�even for products�not related to Syriac studies. Beth Mardutho will earn money for any purchase made at Amazon.com that began with a link from Beth Mardutho's web site. Help us bring Syriac studies to the Third Millennium.
          About Beth Mardutho
          Established in 1992, Beth Mardutho seeks to promote the study and preservation of the Syriac heritage and language, and to facilitate opportunities for people to pursue the study of this ancient legacy globally.�[www.bethmardutho.org]
          Join Beth Mardutho
          Be part of bringing the Syriac heritage into the third millennium. Become a member at www.bethmardutho.org

        • Thomas V.M
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 19, 2002
            Dear Friend,
            Nicolawas has gone to the other side.Now camping in
            Kearal is working against us.HH has suspended H.G. Now
            why we worry about H.G.
            Gone is gone
            RGARDS

            --- jacob.joshua@... wrote:
            > <<Mor Nicholovos.doc>>
            >
            > <<Don't be afraid.doc>>
            > The above two attachments are posted herewith. The
            > first one was sent to
            > some people earlier........
          • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 19, 2002
              Click the following links for the latest from Malankara Sabha

              Deepika Online news on the PuthenKurissu Meeting :-

              ***** Malankara Syrian Christians today assembles at  'PuthenKurissu'  to reaffirm its ancient True faith, taught by our Holy Fathers *****

              ***** Let us all Pray for the success of the 'PuthenKurissu Yogam' *****

              Why the Jacobite Syrian Christians can't believe in the Methran Kakshi leadership ?

              {Copy of the letter to Perumpally Thirumeni from Catholicos, questioning the status of 'Supreme head' for the Patriarch of Antioch is enclosed}

              20-Mar-02

              Some of th historical documents that explains the 'Antioch-Malankara' relationship that continued for the beginning

              1.   "Mavelikara Padiyola"
              the reproduction of the resolution (Padiyola), unanimously accepted at the historical Mavelikara Synod held in 1836 at the Mavelikara Puthiyakavu St.Mary's church.

              2.   A brief history of the Malankara Church
              as recorded in the Mulunthuruthy Padiyola (AD 1876) and acknowledged by all the prelates including Chathuruthy Ramban (St.Gregorios of Parumala)

              3.    "Antiochean Fathers  &  their sacrifices"
              (Extract from the biography of Parumala Thirumeni, published by  Vargheese Mappillai of Malayala Manorma Co. Ltd. in 1903)
              (Source: www.ParumalaThirumeni.com)
              20-Mar-02

              To read more click below

              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 20, 2002

                7th Dhukhrono of late Mor Koorilose Kurakose of Sothern dioceses

                Click the following links for the biography:-

                1.  http://syrianorthodoxarchdiocese.org/poothicot.html

                2.  http://sor.cua.edu/Biogr/Malankara/MKurilK.html

                To read more click below

                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 23, 2002
                • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 3, 2002

                    Click the following links for the latest from Malankara

                    To read more click below

                    Download cricket Yahoo! Score Tracker for live cricket scores on your desktop
                  • V Thomas
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 4, 2002
                      Dear All,
                      In SOCM forum all opinions come up.Indian Orthodox forum in which they have included my name,with out asking me,
                      screens messages which  are not to their liking..
                      I wrote few remarks on their postings.But they filtered it.  Eg  Like some one wrote that  ,the associtaion meeting
                       is to declare Catholicose as MM,which he always had been.I asked a question,is it not hipocracy to
                      to say the otherway in court,news paper and try to cheat the public?This never came up in their forum news.
                      Like that I suggest,We need to screen some opinions from those who pretend they are Jacobites and write
                      badly about Patraiarch and our bishops.
                      The whole christiain religion  exists on belief (faith),obedience and love.Like I have mentioned earlier
                      christ wanted his followers to take the cross and follow.None of his followers stayed back to verify
                      whether he is more qualified than Caiaph and other leaders.His actions laterer proved the truth.
                      We believe that He raises the prophets and priest s.Those who come out from the cloning Laboratory
                      and feelsthat he has done what God has done can not understand that.They are similar tothe first set of angels who
                      became satan and co.
                      Hence niyutha bava is 4th standard or not does not matter.
                      I request sand man,beast man etc to compare the  actions and judge.I request the forum that these
                      people asbacically MM followers who try to confuse us,or recent people who crossed over for material benefts.
                      Hence A jacobite will always be a jacobite whether one bishop or priest is not to his taste.He can not run off
                      to other groups.Such shaky ones let them go.This 2000 years have proved we will weather every persecution.
                      A tiger cub will always  grow to be a tiger.How ever mules can not be asme as race  horse.
                      Please excuse the language.This is required since jacobites are good ,broad minded people
                      sand man cannot dance on our head.
                      Love
                      vmt
                    • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 5, 2002
                      • George Varghese
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 6, 2002
                          6/4

                          Hi Mr. Thomas,

                          ��� I fully agree with you.� The Indian Orthodox Forum included me also in their forum without my permission.� I asked why� ?� There is no anwer from them.�� So also,� I have questioned one Col. Mathai's remarks.� That did not appear.

                          Again I have made some remarks about�� " Aakashathirikunna bava ". .................................
                          That Vadvukode man is simply repeating� a sentence of Fr. Vendrapally who once called their old catholica "Vrudhen Punnoose" .��� They will screen that also.

                          Best wishes.

                          .

                          "V Thomas" wrote:

                          Dear All,In SOCM forum all opinions come up.Indian Orthodox forum in which they have included my name,with out asking me,screens messages which� are not to their liking..I wrote few remarks on their postings.But they filtered it.� Eg� Like some one wrote that� ,the associtaion meeting�is to declare Catholicose as MM,which he always had been.I asked a question,is it not hipocracy toto say the otherway in court,news paper and try to cheat the public?This never came up in their forum news.Like......
                        • Sara Thomas
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 6, 2002
                            10 RULES FOR A BLESSED DAY

                            1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK . . .
                            If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind, I
                            will not respond in a like manner.

                            2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY 'ENEMY'
                            If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will
                            quietly ask God to bless that individual. I understand "enemy" could
                            be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.

                            3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY . . .
                            I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not
                            spread gossip.

                            4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE . . .
                            I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

                            5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE . . .
                            I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

                            6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING KIND FOR SOMEONE, (BUT I WILL DO IT IN
                            SECRET . . . ) I will reach out anonymously and bless the life
                            of another.

                            7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED . . .
                            I will practice the golden rule. "Do Unto others as I would have them
                            do unto me"- with EVERYONE I encounter.

                            8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED . . .
                            My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference
                            to someone who is wrestling with life.

                            9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY . . .
                            I will eat less . . . I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank God
                            for my body.

                            10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY . . .
                            I will spend a little more time in prayer today. I will begin reading
                            something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at
                            some point during this day) and listen to God's voice.

                            Luke 10:27
                            He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with
                            all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind';
                            and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

                            Luke 10:27
                            We learn three principles about loving our neighbor: (1) lack of love
                            is often easy to justify, even though it is never right; (2) our neighbor
                            is anyone of any race, creed, or social background who is in need; and
                            (3) love means acting to meet the person's needs.
                            Wherever you live, there are needy people close by. There is no good
                            reason for refusing to help.

                            Remember, today is a gift from God so treat it preciously

                            -- Author Unknown
                          • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 7, 2002

                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 8, 2002
                                Click the following links for the latest from Malankara

                                For more News on the concerned Subject :-

                                1.  From  'Deepika'

                                To read more click below

                                Download cricket Yahoo! Score Tracker for live cricket scores on your desktop
                              • Humble Servant of Christ
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 8, 2002
                                  Dear Bibu Philip Mathew,

                                  Only a cub will be born in a den, not a lamb
                                  A tree is known by its fruit.

                                  I have no doubt that you are the great great grandson
                                  of the first signator of historic Mulanthuruthy Synod.
                                  I salute you, Sire !
                                  with love.

                                  A Humble Servant of Jesus Christ.Son of Jehova,God of Israel

                                  A knight of the Order of Jacob Baradeus for empowering Jacobites
                                  under Holy Throne of Antioch, my mission.
                                • V Thomas
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 9, 2002
                                    Dear brother
                                    Our Patriarch HH Zakka I has met  Pope and we have already come
                                    to many understanding in the matter of  worship etc.They have made
                                    a joint communique. We leave such eccleasiastical matters with
                                    Patriarchs.
                                    Unlike in middle east we were persecuted by Jesuits and the Portugese
                                    govt  The Roman catholic church was seperated  from us, by these
                                    Jesuit fanatics.Now world has changed and so all this
                                    understanding and going together is .OK,but for that using the word
                                    reunion is meaningless.We do not accept any roman supremacy for that matter.
                                    With the rapid growth of science and awakening of other religions like Hinduism
                                    Isalm etc.we shall try to correct ourself and set as example.
                                    If you are still in the world of  establishing papal supremacy-you are  just dreaming.
                                    (After centuaries of persecuting fellow christains,since one pope expressed
                                    sorrow that will not qualify pope to be universal head of christains.
                                    When fellow orthodox christians were killed in Turkey Roman church.
                                    kept quite.)
                                    Love
                                    vmt

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 9, 2002
                                      An atheist was taking a walk through the woods,
                                      admiring all that the accident of evolution had created.

                                      "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What
                                      beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

                                      As he was walking alongside the river he heard a
                                      rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look.
                                      He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge toward him.

                                      He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked
                                      over his shoulder And saw that the bear was closing.
                                      He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming
                                      to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and
                                      the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping
                                      frantically and he tried to run even faster. He
                                      tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to
                                      pick himself up but saw the bear, right on top of
                                      him: reaching for him with his left paw and raising
                                      his right paw to strike him.

                                      At that instant the atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."

                                      Time stopped.
                                      The bear froze.
                                      The forest was silent.
                                      Even the river stopped moving.

                                      As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came
                                      out of the sky: "You deny my existence for all of
                                      these years; teach others I don't exist; and, even
                                      credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect
                                      me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count
                                      you as a believer?" The atheist looked directly into
                                      the light: "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly
                                      ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps
                                      you could make the bear a Christian?"

                                      "Very well," the voice said.

                                      The light went out.
                                      The river ran again.
                                      And the sounds of the forest resumed.

                                      And then the bear dropped its right paw, brought both
                                      paws together, bowed its head and spoke: "Lord, for
                                      this food which I am about to receive, I am truly
                                      thankful."
                                    • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 15, 2002
                                      • dipu george
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Apr 17, 2002

                                          shlomo,

                                          just a suggestion ,

                                          how many students are studying in our seminaries ( i hope we have mekaeshift seminaries after ours was grabbed by the metran kakshis)

                                           if they are sufficient in number

                                          i have a humble opinion

                                          let these children of god  come out into the streets  nad fight for our holy church  for these youngsters are supposed to lead us in the next generations

                                          let them  have  jacob burdana as their patron saint for this cause because now is probably the last chance to prove their religuous zeal

                                          let these children prove themselves to be our future jacob burdanas

                                          i will give my full energy  and fullest coperation for such a cause

                                          aloho ahmuch

                                          dipu george

                                          Do You Yahoo!?